Scope of WITP vs UV

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

elcidce

Scope of WITP vs UV

Post by elcidce »

I have UV and enjoy watching the attacks play out one by one. I was hoping to buy WITP but I am hesitant to buy it since I dont have the time to run the whole PTO. I understand that there are smaller scenarios that you can play. I was hoping for an improved game on the scale of UV. Can you have the AI run several TFs while you concentrate on one operation? Is there a way to get the AI to handle some of the details with out having to micromanage the whole theatre of war? Any suggestions? Good Hunting!
The Citadel
G Company
Class of 1991
Bodhi

RE: Scope of WITP vs UV

Post by Bodhi »

The map is divided into 9 "control zones". You can have the AI control a whole "zone" (or more) if you wish, and only concentrate on the one or two zones under your control. Of course, I guess most here will want to control the whole damn caboodle.[;)]
Bodhi
kaleun

Post by kaleun »

You can let the AI handle entire areas of the theater of operations.
Want to just deal with the SW pacific? Give the AI the rest.
Want to just deal with the India/Burma area? Cool the AI will handle the rest.
There is also an auto system for the supply convoys in the rear areas, that can handle those details.
Don't be afraid, jump in, the ocean is just fine[;)]
Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu
Grotius

Post by Grotius »

There also seem to be scenarios that are restricted to part of the map, but I wouldn't know; so far I've played only the Tutorial and the grand campaign.

Heh, I'm short on time too, but somehow I'm finding the time to play this game. :)

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”