Confused over troop support issues

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

Arnir

Confused over troop support issues

Post by Arnir »

Hello folks.

I'm back to UV again after many months and I'm feeling like a noobie again.

This question is about support for ground units (not air units). The situation is this: I'm the Allies and I have quite a few troops at Lunga. It says I need support of 594 and have support of 635. So, I thought, I had it covered. But when I look at many of the ground units, the individual units are in the red regarding support. (Some very much so.)

I have the Americal Div HQ there as well as the III Amphib Corps HQ there. I have most of the Americal Division there as well as several engineering units (including a base unit or two), 2 AA units and a CD unit. The infantry units report to the Americal Div and most of the others to SOPAC. (I don't know if all this matters or not). I have plenty of supply.

What am I doing wrong? It looks like I have enough support, but it isn't going to the correct places or something like that.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Arnir
edited title to clear up what kind of support issues. [:)]
scorryuk

RE: Confused over troop support issues

Post by scorryuk »

No expert in this area but think you need more base units. These are where the units get their real support from. I made the mistake of thinking ENG units would support my troops at new base until re-inforcements arrived but think the support figure listed only really covers the ENG unit on it`s own and sometimes not even that. I could be wrong on this since I don`t know exactly what you have but from experience 8 to 9 units (even if most are ENG) require more than 1 or 2 base units. Believe that some base units are batter than others so check what each one offers in support. And as for supplies you can never have enough. For a base like Lunga I would rarely let levels drop below 20,000. Running a war isn`t cheap you know![:)]
DoomedMantis

Post by DoomedMantis »

The only support value that matters is the base support. The red for support for the unit is just implying that it personlly doesnt have enough support, but because the base actually has enough then it is covered.

Youll be glad to know though that in WitP this has been rectified so that it shows each units individual support with the benefit of the HQ in the same base.

cheers

DM
I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.

- Shakespeare
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Thanks for the responses folks. I need to sit down and reread the 2.0 manual again as well, but I didn't find this one in it. (Doesn't mean it isn't there, however)
afspret

Post by afspret »

I've only recently noticed a different, but in somes ways, similar problem with the amount of supplies on hand. At a couple of my bases, what I have available for supplies is well in excess of what the suggested minimum is for those bases, yet my available supplies is also shown in red. I don't known if this has been happening all along and I just never noticed or something that has recently started to happen.
John E. McCallum

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”