7 year war / French and Indian War Game?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

brent_2

7 year war / French and Indian War Game?

Post by brent_2 »

I've been doing a bunch of reading on this time period...Braddock's defeat happened ~2 miles from where I'm sitting and it's gotten me interested in this time period.

Are there any games from this period worth a look?
I'm essentially graphically and history oriented, unfortunately to connect the two I have to do maths. I hate maths.
CSO_Brent
Hertston

RE: 7 year war / French and Indian War Game?

Post by Hertston »

HPS publish a French and Indian War game. I havn't played it, but I'd be very surprised if gameplay varied much from John Tiller's Napoleonic and ACW stuff. I have a couple of those and despite the awful graphics gameplay is a lot better than the earlier Talonsoft games.

Shrapnel publish a Seven Years War game (again I havn't played it), but you might want to hold off on that as a sequel is on the way. According to the blurb;

With more than twenty scenarios included, a scenario editor, and the ability to challenge others across the Internet, unparalleled historical accuracy, and authentic order of battle and battle maps, Dragoon: The Prussian War Machine will be a game that you will play for a very long time. For fans of musket-era warfare, or wargamers looking to try a brilliant command and control system, The Horse and Musket 2 Series of wargames are an excellent addition to any historical wargamer's library!

Reiryc

Post by Reiryc »

ORIGINAL: brent_2

I've been doing a bunch of reading on this time period...Braddock's defeat happened ~2 miles from where I'm sitting and it's gotten me interested in this time period.

Are there any games from this period worth a look?

I'd take a look at the campaign 1776, french and indian wars, and 1812 from tiller at hps.

www.hpssims.com

I have campaign 1776 and find it to be a lot of fun. Even enjoying it against the AI although it isn't challenging. Been playing it against another person and having fun with it.
brent_2

Post by brent_2 »

Thanks guys - I'll take a look at those.

So we have HPS and Shrapnel, when's Matrix going to be on the list [;)]
I'm essentially graphically and history oriented, unfortunately to connect the two I have to do maths. I hate maths.
CSO_Brent

Return to “General Discussion”