Action pic !

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Raverdave

Action pic !

Post by Raverdave »

This is a great pic !

Attachments
yikes191.jpg
yikes191.jpg (52.3 KiB) Viewed 90 times

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
EricGuitarJames

RE: Action pic !

Post by EricGuitarJames »

Pilot to Tower 'Man, that special vindaloo curry was hot'
It's Just a Ride!
marky

Post by marky »

or maybe he just had the chili........

[:D]
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Wow..what happened. It looks like something is missing from his left wingtip. Thunderbird show I take it?
Raverdave

Post by Raverdave »

Here are a few more..........................enjoy!

Attachments
great shutter speed1.jpg
great shutter speed1.jpg (57.38 KiB) Viewed 85 times
UN_fairford.jpg
UN_fairford.jpg (50.89 KiB) Viewed 85 times
C17 Launch Over Crew.jpg
C17 Launch Over Crew.jpg (92.26 KiB) Viewed 85 times

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Raverdave

Post by Raverdave »

Any ATCO's here want to tell me what seperation is for these puppies?[:D]

Attachments
AirlinersN..ID336520.jpg
AirlinersN..ID336520.jpg (196.13 KiB) Viewed 85 times

marky

Post by marky »

speaking of airshows

theres 1 in sother eastern wisconisn soon i think

i know it has a website, but i cant remember it

does anyone know?
*Lava*

Post by *Lava* »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Wow..what happened. It looks like something is missing from his left wingtip. Thunderbird show I take it?

Yes, a year or so ago. This guy started a loop (Immelman to be correct) at too low an altitude and couldn't pull out. Plane crashed, he survived.

For those who haven't tried "punching out" of an aircraft, I don't recommend it.

Ray (alias Lava)
Belisarius

Post by Belisarius »

Beat me to it, Lava.

Is pulling out WAY too close to the ground. *smack* I guess it took either giant brass ones, or a lot of hesitation, for him to wait so long before blowing the top. He must've realized it long before.
Got StuG?
Belisarius

Post by Belisarius »

Ahahah forgot to add: The picture on the C-17 going in (or out?!) is priceless. Wouldn't be much if it wasn't for all the engineers all looking at it with a "WHAT THE...?" kind of posture. [:D]
Got StuG?
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Lava
ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Yes, a year or so ago. This guy started a loop (Immelman to be correct) at too low an altitude and couldn't pull out. Plane crashed, he survived.

For those who haven't tried "punching out" of an aircraft, I don't recommend it.

Ray (alias Lava)

I was at an air show at MCAS El Toro some years back when an F-18 pilot doing a solo display pulled this incredibly tight inside loop right on the deck..I was thinking.."Jeez..that is one amazing machine..how is that going to work." Then he gets to the top of his loop and I'm thinking "man..that thing is barely moving"..then he gets to 3/4 position..nose up..full afterburners..but just kind of hovering. At that point there was a collective "Oh Sh*t" from the crowd and he pancaked into the runway. He survived with back injuries.
max_h

Post by max_h »

I just love the video clips here: http://www.panzerlexikon.de/

(site in german, sorry)
brent_2

Post by brent_2 »

There is a free airshow at Pittsburgh Intl this weekend - 911th airlift wing is doing the "wings over pittsburgh" for the first time in a few years (they've been kinda busy...)

I hope to get out there and waste some film
I'm essentially graphically and history oriented, unfortunately to connect the two I have to do maths. I hate maths.
CSO_Brent
MCKClaudi

Post by MCKClaudi »

Cool pics. Here is a Tomcat REAL close:

Attachments
f14verylow.jpg
f14verylow.jpg (33.69 KiB) Viewed 85 times
*Lava*

Post by *Lava* »

ORIGINAL: Belisarius

Is pulling out WAY too close to the ground. *smack* I guess it took either giant brass ones, or a lot of hesitation, for him to wait so long before blowing the top. He must've realized it long before.

See the condensation above the wings? That guy was pulling so hard on the stick it probably broke off. I believe he also got kicked off the team.

Any of you guys remember when the entire thunderbird team planted itself into the ground in tight formation? Now that's called concentration! The Italian air display team did the same thing once, except they flew into the side of a mountain.

@MCKClaudi.. THATS A GREAT SHOT! GO NAVY!

Ray (alias Lava)
EricGuitarJames

Post by EricGuitarJames »

ORIGINAL: Lava

@MCKClaudi.. THATS A GREAT SHOT! GO NAVY!

Ray (alias Lava)

It's the guy casually standing there with his hands clasped behind his back that gets me. It's almost a 'Oh God, here we go again, another flyboy who thinks he's in Top Gun'
It's Just a Ride!
CCB

Post by CCB »

ORIGINAL: MCKClaudi

I think this is a 'doctored' photo. US Navy pilots are too professional to pull such a stunt. It only happens in the movies. [;)]
Peux Ce Que Veux
in den vereinigten staaten hergestellt
Stavka_lite

Post by Stavka_lite »

ORIGINAL: CCB
ORIGINAL: MCKClaudi

I think this is a 'doctored' photo. US Navy pilots are too professional to pull such a stunt. It only happens in the movies. [;)]

I don't know, Navy pilots just love buzzing ships to prove that they are hot$h!t. and F-14s are not small aircraft. They are roughly twice the size of a F-16.
Yes, it is a dry heat... but so is a bloody blast furnace!
*Lava*

Post by *Lava* »

Hi!

Actually "fly bys" are fairly routine at sea. Permission to execute a fly by is given by "the boss" (the guy in the tower). Considering the height of a modern Nimitz Class this guy would be at least 100 feet above the sea (not unreasonable). It is the proximity to the ship and the bank of the aircraft which would have got this guy in trouble.

In my day I have participated in "fly bys" over "small boys" (destroyers), after simulating attacks where we were so low that I thought we were going to hit a mast!

Indeed, Navy pilots are very perfessional, and some of the best in the world. As a Bombardier-Navigator in A-6 Intruders, I still have greet admiration for these pilots who routinely plunck these screeming metal machines on postage stamps, in any weather, day or night.

Ray (alias Lava)
mavraam

Post by mavraam »

I don't know, Navy pilots just love buzzing ships to prove that they are hot$h!t. and F-14s are not small aircraft. They are roughly twice the size of a F-16.

I'll never forget the first time I saw an F-15 Eagle (which I believe is about the same size as an F-14) parked at MSP (Minneapolis -St. Paul Airport). It was during Desert Storm.

It blew my mind how fricken huge it was!

It looked more like a bomber to me than a fighter. Hard to believe they have that much plane for one fighter. Hate to be the poor slob in an enemy aircraft seeing that thing coming after me!

Years earlier, I had seen an F-104 Starfighter parked in a mall parking lot. That think looked like a toy compared to an F-15.

Return to “General Discussion”