Thanks OOb team...

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Huffy

Thanks OOb team...

Post by Huffy »

I just finished 2 games over the net with a friend...we are of course playing 8.1. We had a blast...we play this game more than any.
Alot has gone on here the past few days...weeks...I just wanted to say thank you to all the OOB teams...and of course all involved...for this game . Weather it is version 5.0...7.1...8.0...or 8.2....I will keep on enjoying it as much as the first time I played it...
Thanks again,...
Take care,
Huffy
wodin

RE: Thanks OOb team...

Post by wodin »

Thanks from a newbie SPWAW player and a veteran wargamer for all your hard work and fantastic projects which keep a lad like me very happy with his lot.
David Heath

Post by David Heath »

Thank you guys for your post they really do make a difference.

David
Rhodan

Post by Rhodan »

Agreed, thanks to all of you who invested their time and money into making yet another version of SPWaW happen, your hard work -is- appreciated, as well as the company's dedication to a free game they could have gone flatline a long time ago.

I was reading up on the forum boards of one of the big time game publisher's where it was announced by said publisher they would no longer support a certain game since it had been released two years ago...I couldnt helk but make a small reference on their board about Matrix and the way they dedicated themselves to this game for much longer then two years ...for free!

Well done to you Mr Heath and everyone else at Matrix that keep feeding a pack of snarling dogs.

Cheers!
Goblin

Post by Goblin »

I will agree, and want to thank all of the OOB teams for all the versions. It is not easy to take that time out of your life, and to deal with the critisicm of fellow gamers, even if it expected, lol.

Goblin
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

ORIGINAL: Huffy

I just finished 2 games over the net with a friend...we are of course playing 8.1. We had a blast...we play this game more than any.
Alot has gone on here the past few days...weeks...I just wanted to say thank you to all the OOB teams...and of course all involved...for this game . Weather it is version 5.0...7.1...8.0...or 8.2....I will keep on enjoying it as much as the first time I played it...
Thanks again,...
Take care,
Huffy
I will second that, I have got countless hours of gaming bliss from all versions. [&o]
BryanMelvin

Post by BryanMelvin »

Thank you all for your support!!

I know that much is being said about the 8.2 oobs both bad and good. All I'll say for the moment is that much of what you the gamers wanted was added into the game oobs. What many did not like about 8.0-1 oobs was returned to 7.1 data as well as much more was improved.

The changes were all from you [:)]

One vast improvement is in the area of Long Campaigns, Battle Campaigns, and Campaign Generated games verses the computer AI. You'll now have the ability to play against varied AI unit force picks. You also will have the ability to make changes to these oob AI formations if you like or leave as they are - whichever you prefer.

I would also like to remind you all of the one restriction we worked under. The purposes of the oobs were to remain compatible with all spwaw scenarios and campaigns made using 7.0 - 8.1 oobs. This was no easy task. Though far easier to do, changing things into a new oob set would have destroyed much labor.

Unfortunately, many scenarios and campaigns made using 5.0 to 6.0 oobs will have problems with 8.2. This could not be helped as these oob were made at a far earlier time.

Lastly, with all the items David Heath wrote about in other threads concerning H2H and other items as well as the 8.2 oobs. You, the gamers will have the ability to use and design your own oobs to your hearts desire.

The goal of all this labor is to leave the game in your capable hands. Matrix will have an official set of 8.2 oobs that you can use or disregard at your discretion.

The official oobs were designed for pbem play as well as verses computer play. You can modify these if you like or leave as they are to play against human or computer. This is a gift to all of you who play and enjoy this game and our legacy to you all.

Enjoy many new hours playing this classic game!!!

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”