range check error

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
coach3play4

range check error

Post by coach3play4 »

i see someone else got this error message. So far, what I can figure is that it happens when selecting extending campaign option. i never got the error before the patch - now i get it randomly when playing an extended campaign game , for the 1805 scenario.

It comes up during the supply train assignment, and once it hits - its deadly -stops the game since it comes up on any keystroke.

NOTE ADDED LATER: Work-around found -simply enter supplies rather than using the arrow keys. No problem - issue solved
Didz

RE: range check error

Post by Didz »

Copied from Range Check Thread:

Hmm! I just got the range check bug and had to quit the game to break out of it.

Hopefully this will soon be resolved. Lost a lot of my game.

Damn! Happened again. This time I got a message telling me a cavalry unit had been overrun. Followed by a Battle Screen where the Austria's had no troops involved followed by a Range Check Error which locked the game.

I assume this Range Check error is the same as a Division by Zero error where the program is presented with an impossible calculation to resolve.

< Message edited by Didz -- 5/10/2004 9:27:28 PM >
Didz
Fortis balore et armis
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

No one has mentioned this one before. Any chance you still have the autosave that leads to this?

By the way, since the autosave is saved everyday you should never lose more than a day if a bug like that pops up.
Spartan07

Post by Spartan07 »

I am getting the same error. Two or three turns into a pbem. We have had to abort the game:(
Mike - Nego
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

That would be perfect if you have the last PBEM files for each player. Even for just the Austrian player might be fine.
Spartan07

Post by Spartan07 »

Frank,

Did you get the files ok? Also I should have mentioned it may have happened because I was destroying a bridge.
Mike - Nego
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

I mentioned elsewhere that I received my first range check error trying the build a bridge.....I wonder if the range check error would occur if the AI tried to build or destroy a bridge?...may explain some of the other times the error occurs and one is not certain why it happened....
Bis

Post by Bis »

I geet renge checks when I try to blow bridges. However, they don't appear to affect play.
Jim Cobb
mrgodo

Post by mrgodo »

I get range checks attempting to blow bridges as well, and the bridges don't appear to get blown.
[&:][:(]
I'm not terribly impressed with the game. The manual is certainly lacking. I'll give it a couple more weeks and form a solid detailed opinion.
Andrew Godó
Superavisti palum ignum.
Adiaris, sed nemo sustinet machinam!
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

Yes, the bridge blowing range check error was fixed, thanks

Return to “Campaigns on the Danube Support”