Shock Modifier bug?

Korsun Pocket is a the second game using the award winning SSG Decisive Battles game engine. Korsun Pocket recreates the desperate German attempt to escape encirclement on the Russian Front early in 1944. The battle is a tense and exciting struggle, with neither side having a decisive advantage, as the Russians struggle to form the pocket, then try to resist successive German rescue efforts and last ditch attempts at breakout.
pmiranda

Shock Modifier bug?

Post by pmiranda »

I've just started playing KP's campaign game by email (in secure mode) against a friend of mine, and there seems to be something wrong with the way shock is handled.
The result highlighted on the combat table doesn't seem to take the shock modifier into consideration.
For instance, if I have a final +2 modifier (taking into account both shock and anti-shock, of course) and I roll a 1, the 1st row's result is highlighted instead of the third row. Or am I missing something? [&:]
Pawlock

RE: Shock Modifier bug?

Post by Pawlock »

ORIGINAL: pmiranda

I've just started playing KP's campaign game by email (in secure mode) against a friend of mine, and there seems to be something wrong with the way shock is handled.
The result highlighted on the combat table doesn't seem to take the shock modifier into consideration.
For instance, if I have a final +2 modifier (taking into account both shock and anti-shock, of course) and I roll a 1, the 1st row's result is highlighted instead of the third row. Or am I missing something? [&:]

Yes,,, you are seeing the Crt for the current combat only which should be modified correctly but as this game only uses a 6 sided dice you only see a table of 6 results.
Now if you were to go to the CRT main page and cross checked your table there you would probably see your "1" roll correspond to the 3 position on htier table.
Fred98

RE: Shock Modifier bug?

Post by Fred98 »

The phrase the same thing another way:

The normal dice roll is 1 – 6. And the combat screen shows 1 - 6

If you achieve +1 the dice roll is 2 –7. But the combat screen shows 1 – 6. In your imagination you read it as 2 – 7

If you achieve +2 the dice roll is 3 –8. But the combat screen shows 1 – 6. In your imagination you read it as 3 – 8

Myself, I would prefer that the combat screen reads as 2 - 7 or 3 - 8 to reduce confusion.

-

Return to “Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket”