Crash, Bang, Boom

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
KGrob

Crash, Bang, Boom

Post by KGrob »

I'm playing the Lost Victories Mega Campaign. I'm the German side and I've made it to the Dubno scenario. It says "Touch & Go, Dubno Area" on the top of one of the entry screens but when I get inside the scenario it merely says "Location: Dubno"

So, anyway, that is the scenario.

I'm currently running version 8.01 but the crashes also happened in 7.1. In fact, I started this scenario in 7.1, stopped because of all the crashes, then started it again after I loaded 8.01. It's the same scenario that I saved at turn 7.

The problem is that starting anywhere about halfway through the scenario, which is 20 turns long, up until a later turn, the scenario crashes. I seem to lose everything beyond the last manual save (save/exit thingie). The crashes don't always seem to happen on the same turn. I've actually got all the way up to turn 17 or 18 and had it crash and lost the entire scenario, having to start over from turn one. Currently, I've just experienced a crash on turn 10 but had it saved after turn 9 so I lost only 1 turn.

Seems to crash no matter what other programs are running in the background -- like tons of them, or none at all.

The crash takes me back to the game start screen.

Hmmmmm. Anyone know anything about this?
joki

RE: Crash, Bang, Boom

Post by joki »

KGrob -
I had the experience with the scenario Teutonic knight. It died at the same turn thou. The cause were an error in the scenario code. It was based on an old source code that didn´t work in the newer versions. As I recall it worked in ver 8.01 so it must have been updated.

/Jonas
Matrix Games players - Divided by borders, united by the game !!
Jim1954

Post by Jim1954 »

kgrob, let me look tonight and see if I have a good save of the start of that battle. That particular one is not one I have heard that many people had a hanging problem with. It's usually the High-Low road choice Potapov Strikes that gets most people.
I'll get back with you.
Jim1954
KMC/T
KGrob

Post by KGrob »

Thanks.
Jim1954

Post by Jim1954 »

kgrob, do you have an email addy I can send the zip to? This place won't take zips.
Jim1954
KMC/T
KGrob

Post by KGrob »

You can send anything to me at Topthink@aol.com.

Just put something in the title so I don't inadvertently delete it ("game question" etc).

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”