Training

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

wodin

Training

Post by wodin »

Can someone reccomend a training scenario or campaign:)

Thanks
VikingNo2

RE: Training

Post by VikingNo2 »

WWII campaign long one, I recomend play Germeny then move to the British. If you can get the hang of the Brits your doing well, just remember when you start playing people you have to change tactics. One other thing start in 1939 or 1940 and lower the points for you and the computer the battle will be more manageble. My .02
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

It would be better if you waited for the 8.2 full install, which has the training tutorials restored to it.
wodin

Post by wodin »

When is that due?
rbrunsman

Post by rbrunsman »

ORIGINAL: VikingNo2

WWII campaign long one, I recomend play Germeny then move to the British. If you can get the hang of the Brits your doing well, just remember when you start playing people you have to change tactics. One other thing start in 1939 or 1940 and lower the points for you and the computer the battle will be more manageble. My .02

Amen, Brother! [&o] Nobody wants to go through the trouble of starting at the beginning with the poor vehicles and weapons available in 1939, but that's exactly where you learn the tactics that make you an awsome player in the later years when the equipment gets deadly. my .02
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
Resisti

Post by Resisti »

ORIGINAL: wodin

When is that due?
Release of the 8.2 should really be a matter of days, now.
But if you're really anxious to put yuour hands on the tutorials, just put me a PM with you mail address, and I'll forward them to you [8D]
Federico "Resisti" Doveri
Warmonger

Post by Warmonger »

One other thing start in 1939 or 1940 and lower the points for you and the computer the battle will be more manageble. My .02

Can you remind me how to lower the points for player and computer in the long campaign? Thanks...
W A R M O N G E R
Resisti

Post by Resisti »

ORIGINAL: Warmonger

One other thing start in 1939 or 1940 and lower the points for you and the computer the battle will be more manageble. My .02

Can you remind me how to lower the points for player and computer in the long campaign? Thanks...

Just go in the preference, and set the battle points for both sides at your wish
Federico "Resisti" Doveri
Baron von Beer

Post by Baron von Beer »

I rather like starting in '39/40. More time to get to know your troops and watch them grow. Also makes victories seem more rewarding at times. Even fun to be outclassed now and again. A few Char 1B's or KV1's can provide some nice edge of the seat moments if you happen to be the Krauts.
john g

Post by john g »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Can someone reccomend a training scenario or campaign:)

Thanks

Flesh and Steel is the normal recommended campaign for people that aren't complete noobs. It teaches proper tank-infantry coordination.

When I first started out with v1.0 of SPWAW I started a Japanese long campaign in 1930 and set all my side except for one platoon to computer control. I then took control of more of my force each following battle until at the end I was controlling my entire force.
thanks, John.

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”