Coup de main, god damn!

Panther Games' Highway to the Reich revolutionizes wargaming with its pausable, continuous time game play and advanced artificial intelligence. Command like a real General, under real time pressures to achieve real objectives on a real map all within the fog of war. Issue orders to your powerful AI controlled subordinates or take total control of every unit. Fight the world's most advanced AI opponent or match wits against your friends online or over a LAN. Highway to the Reich covers all four battles from Operation Market Garden, including Arnhem, Nijmegen, Eindhoven and the 30th Corps breakout from Neerpelt.

Moderator: Arjuna

Phenix

Coup de main, god damn!

Post by Phenix »

I have played both tutorials and is in my third scenario of Arnhem.(this in 8 days...[:D])
I Played bases at Arnhem with was alot of fun around Heartbreakridge.
Then i played the scenario that comes after that and that was a clincher.
But now im playing Coup de main , 10 days scenario and its god damn tough[:D] , i almost cried in frustration in the beginning, thinking its impossible to hold Arnhem as axis.

But i collected myself and withdraw from Arnhem with my forces leaving just small garrison to keep allies busy.
Then i waited for my reinforcments which i didnt commit right away but placed in some key areas around arnhem, then when i thought i had enough troops i attacked from 3 directions and pushed out the allies from Arnhem (to a great cost i admit..). Now i had alot of troops that i stationed around arnhem and the objectives close to it. I used alot of tanks for the Elden objective both as a counterattack and defensive force while my naval inf. was garrisoned around in the city. By day 5 i thought i had won, i much more arty support (arty really makes the difference in a battle that balances on a knifes edge) and the allies attacks where repelled.

But day 6 something happened ( i dont know the details of Arnhem battles in reality so i dont know if its historic) alot of brown and orange allies crack troops attacked in two places almost simoultaneously and i was truly sweating as alot of my troops where routing but my arty saved the day. Day 8 and their arty seemed as good as mine as we have developed something like trench warfarfare aroound Elden. now its day 9 and my ouuter perimeter seems like its vaporiting and they threatning Arnham heavy bridge but they are so weakened so i dont(cross my fingers) think they can break through my inner defences.

Maybe the allies should have more arty from the beggining? i think i could roam alot as i wanted after my reinforcements arrived.The allied arty bit is the only thing that seem to be on the weak side in a splendind, nailbiting-well balanced scenario where the advantage shifts several times.

Now im going to finish it (them[;)]) ...

/Regards

Return to “Highway to the Reich”