Dead Leader

Welcome to the new war raging across hundreds of light years at once, with mechanized Titans as the main fighting force.

Moderator: MOD_TitansOfSteel

KiloOhm

Dead Leader

Post by KiloOhm »

OK, my leader just died due to a nasty engine explosion so I need to replace him. The problem is when I try to go to training, it says my next highest leader must increase his leadership skill. The problem is it won't let me (his skill is 29 and I only have 40 points for "other").

How high does his leadership skill have to be to hire new jocks? Is it possible to revive a dead jock? Am I stuck fighting battle after battle to get more "other" points so I can increase his leadership skill enough?

My guys are "green" for rank.

Thank!
tarendelcymir

Post by tarendelcymir »

It's not possible to revive a dead jock. The level of leadership you'll need for your new leader depends on how many jocks you have already. When you look at the summary of your team on the lower right in the HQ, it tells you how many jocks out of how many possible. If the first number is equal to or less than the second, you need to increase your leader's leadership until the first number is higher than the second one.
We sometimes catch a window
A glimpse of what's beyond
Was it just imagination
Stringing us along?
More things than are dreamed about
Unseen and unexplained
We suspend our disbelief
And we are entertained
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

KiloOhm wrote: The problem is it won't let me (his skill is 29 and I only have 40 points for "other").

How high does his leadership skill have to be to hire new jocks? Is it possible to revive a dead jock? Am I stuck fighting battle after battle to get more "other" points so I can increase his leadership skill enough?
Number of jocks is : (leadership - 1) / 10 + 1
Therefore 31 will allow to have 4 jocks.
Why are 40 other not eneough to raise leadership 29 ?
Any jock can get the new leader if you can boost his leadership skill.
Usually it is easy to gather enough other xps.
Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim »

Maybe you've just reached your max leadership possible with your current attributes? Does Leadership read 29/29? If so, you must increase your Charisma and/or Intelligence attributes so your max leadership goes up a bit. Then increase Leadership.
Format of the skills is Leadership current/max
Iceman
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

If you only have one other jock, you need to send him out into battle to build up his Other experience, and assign all the points you have to increasing his leadership to its max, or if it's already maxed, you have the longer job of accumulating points in all three areas and boosting your prime attributes. In this latter case, you may prefer to start with a new team.

If you have more than one jock available, it's simply a matter of deciding which one you want to be the new leader (i.e. has a reasonably high max Leadership; secondary importance is a high current Leadership skill) and getting him into battle ... and surviving, of course.

I find that, with Rookie jocks, matches with just one of my titans in is likeliest to give me a surviving jock and reasonable cash and XP rewards. ... Though it can be useful to play with a strong AI ally, too.
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

Peter Why wrote:If you only have one other jock, you need to send him out into battle to build up his Other experience, and assign all the points you have to increasing his leadership to its max, or if it's already maxed, you have the longer job of accumulating points in all three areas and boosting your prime attributes. In this latter case, you may prefer to start with a new team.
I think its not necessary to start a new squad if you only have one jock left. He/she will have at least a leadership maximum about 40% so it should be easy to get him/her to 11%/21%/31% to hire a second/third/fourth jock.
KiloOhm

Post by KiloOhm »

LarkinVB wrote:Number of jocks is : (leadership - 1) / 10 + 1
Therefore 31 will allow to have 4 jocks.
Why are 40 other not eneough to raise leadership 29 ?
Any jock can get the new leader if you can boost his leadership skill.
Usually it is easy to gather enough other xps.
My leadership skill says 29 / 65 so my attributes are high enough. I only have 2 jocks right now. I think your math (or formula) is wrong, by your formula 31 should only allow 3.

I just figured out my problem. I had to "dismiss" the dead jock because with him I was at my limit of "3" apparently.

I still don't know why I can't raise his leadership above 29, maybe a bug? It let's me raise the other jocks leadership. I guess it's not a big deal as I want the new jock to replace my leader so I don't want to waste those points anyway.

Ok, I figured out why I couldn't raise his leadership skill now. He's has used all his available "skill" slots (based off intelligence). Leadership wasn't tagged so I couldn't raise it. That could be quite a pain if your second in command has a very low leadership.
Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim »

(31-1)/10 +1 = 4. Where's the mistake?!
Iceman
KiloOhm

Post by KiloOhm »

Thorgrim wrote:(31-1)/10 +1 = 4. Where's the mistake?!
In my post (I missed the +1). :)

Return to “Titans of Steel - Warring Suns”