SPWAW gotta haves!

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

DoubleDeuce

SPWAW gotta haves!

Post by DoubleDeuce »

I am trying to get my hands on all (or as many as I can) of the great SPWAW related utilities out there. This forum has gotten really big and many of the links on the old SPWAW Webring are no more. I have probably forgotten half of what is out there.

I am looking for things along the lines of the Scenario Design Quickies, Wild Bill's Scenario Design Tutorial and things like that. I have the SDQ and Wild Bill's tutorials but I know there are tons more things out there. Basically SPWAW related utilities, tutorials and that sort of stuff.

Now before I am told to search the forum let me point out I have no idea what to begin searching for. Thats the point of this thread. What is out there guys, or what was out there that can no longer be found.

I want to bring all those items together into a single download location as a back up source to the other sites out there who have them posted.
RobertS

Post by RobertS »

One of the most useful tools for the OOBS that I know of was Stukobhack. At least I think that's what it was called. You could "clear unused weapons" so as not to labor over the entire list trying to see if a weapon is assigned. It was also useful for checking that January 0000 start date bug, which would keep a formation from showing up. Still can't find this program though(after losing it). I think it was on Tankhead's old site.
tracer

Post by tracer »

A couple weeks ago I mentioned to another forum member that I had a hosting site with a 1000mb/month download limit that I'm not using. I suggested that we place some of the Util's you mentioned on it, seeing that their original sites no longer exist.

I have SDQ, but if anyone has other SP prog's or doc's that are 'homeless', mail them to me and I'll upload them and post the links. jimnsb*at*cfl.rr.com
Jim NSB ImageImage
plloyd

I got some

Post by plloyd »

I have the OOB managers, both 9x and NT versions. I don't remember who created them. Ecitizen perhaps? The About doesn't say.

A PBEM helper can be gotten at http://www.sci.fi/~fuerte/pbem.htm. It works with lots of games besides SP:WaW.

I still have SP Manager 3.0. It used to be on Tankhead's site. I don't know if anyone else has it posted.

The Campaign Watcher is at http://campaignwatcher.cjb.net.

There is also a VDM sound emulator at http://ntvdm.cjb.net. It is supposed to help with playing older games on NT, 2000 and XP. It may help with some of the problem XP users seem to be having.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly.
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

I think I have a few, including Mountainizer and some others. Drop me an e-mail and tell me where you want them sent.

WB
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

Wild Bill wrote:Drop me an e-mail and tell me where you want them sent.
I have the Scenario Design Quickies, Don Llewellyn's WAWMAP Editor Tutorials and the 9* OOB Manager. I will get the Campaign Watcher an the PBEM Helper from the designer's websites.

Wild Bill - I saw a pdf version of your Scenario Design Tutorials I believe at the Armor Site. These are much prettier format than the cut and pasted copies I got of the Matrix Forums when you were doing the lessons ;) Is Fabio Prado the only one who has this version?

plloyd - If you could send me the SP Manager 3.0 that would be great.

Please send any utilities not mentioned here to me at doubledeuce@warfarehq.com

I will be contacting the "owners" of these items once I have them for permission to post them for download.

Thanks guys.

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”