Hell on Earth!

Trade tips and tricks, workarounds maps, and graphics mods. Why certain scenarios or campaigns are favorites, or how to improve stinkers. Attach your work to share/critique.

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

M4Jess

Hell on Earth!

Post by M4Jess »

A PBEM for H2H.fr

Now at

http://www.wargamer.com/gamesdepot/

May 1945**

This is a PBEM for H2H.fr only.**

This great map is by Tracer**

One last battle for the Germans, and they bring out all there new toys.**

In Responce, The American Army sends in its new Armor.**

I hope who ever plays this one has a strong heart!**

M4 Jess

Im making war, not trouble~

M4Jess

Post by M4Jess »

lets see if I can load this sucker right here.....

nope....

dang it!~ :mad:

Karnaaj

Post by Karnaaj »

Oi, Jess, did this'un ever make it up to the scenario archive?
M4Jess

Post by M4Jess »

shoot! I forgot to up-load...I will tonight!

Jess

Karnaaj

Post by Karnaaj »

<innocent whistling>

Y'know, I'm not trying to be a *pest* or anything, it's just that I'm so *good* at it...

<heheheheh>
M4Jess

Post by M4Jess »

Karnaaj wrote:<innocent whistling>

Y'know, I'm not trying to be a *pest* or anything, it's just that I'm so *good* at it...

<heheheheh>
I deleted the files because I am stupid!:(

Viling has them and we are playing the scen on the DAR page...I will get him to send it to me...sorry :(

M4Jess

Post by M4Jess »

Ok then! Viking did have it!

Just up-loaded it! ;)

Karnaaj

Post by Karnaaj »

Got it! I'm gonna finish up some online here and try it out. (Still vs. AI, but... <shrug> someday I'll try PBEM.)
Karnaaj

Post by Karnaaj »

Okay, it turned out to be "unzip, load game, note weirdness in map and OOB, uninstall outdated H2H, reinstall H2H.fr, load game, WHAM!" <G> Another big mutha... lots of dangerous toys to play with. The speed of the American equipment and the firepower of their air support seem to balance out the bridge-dropping ability of the German rockets, but unless those Maultiers <sp?> are killed, a lot of the slower US armor (<koff> T95 <koff>) might be stuck on the wrong side. (US 155mm rounds won't drop a bridge span, but I'll try with that 1600-pound bomb off a P-38 next time. <G>) More later, gotta go pretend to work...
M4Jess

Post by M4Jess »

Karnaaj wrote:Okay, it turned out to be "unzip, load game, note weirdness in map and OOB, uninstall outdated H2H, reinstall H2H.fr, load game, WHAM!" <G> Another big mutha... lots of dangerous toys to play with. The speed of the American equipment and the firepower of their air support seem to balance out the bridge-dropping ability of the German rockets, but unless those Maultiers <sp?> are killed, a lot of the slower US armor (<koff> T95 <koff>) might be stuck on the wrong side. (US 155mm rounds won't drop a bridge span, but I'll try with that 1600-pound bomb off a P-38 next time. <G>) More later, gotta go pretend to work...
Hey Kar!

Are you playing this vs. the AI? not so sure it will act correct..let me know! and what side are you playing...??

Jess

Karnaaj

Post by Karnaaj »

Vs. AI, yup. Both sides, C&C off, unlimited ammo. <G> (The reason those rockets, 155s, and airplanes are so nasty. I'll have to see what the reload time on the rockets is, but even dropping just three bridges can make some difference, as long as they're the *right* bridges. Of course, Evil People might just wait until they're full of vehicles before blasting...)

Yah, the AI is dirt-simple straight-line for the most part; clumps up stuff along the shores of the river, if they don't find a bridge right off or have a target to chase. Don't think any managed to swamp themselves, yet.

I'll be trying limited-ammo, German, tonight, after I play with bridge-dropping some more as US unlimited-ammo. Still a fun little scenario, tho...

(Note to readers: "little" is not necessarily the most accurate descriptive phrase for this scenario. Ye Have Been Warnyd.)
tracer

Post by tracer »

Karnaaj wrote: Yah, the AI is dirt-simple straight-line for the most part; clumps up stuff along the shores of the river, if they don't find a bridge right off or have a target to chase. Don't think any managed to swamp themselves, yet.
I designed that map for PBEM play. The AI sees bridges as 'shallow water' and doesn't move towards them...though it may eventually 'stumble' across one. ;)

Since the map has a major river all infantry should be supplied with inflatable rafts...but you've probably already started popping a few by now. :D

enjoy
Jim NSB ImageImage
Karnaaj

Post by Karnaaj »

US AI seemed to find the bridges a little easier, or mebbe that's just an effect of all those scout jeeps. <G>

Popping rafts would be fun, except for all that armour ganged up on the shore waiting for someone to announce his presence...

Still working on the last US-unlimited ammo run; the Germans have lost almost all their arty, but in the central sector they're finding their way across the bridge. This is unfortunate because that's where I'm kinda light on armour... Greyhounds don't really live long versus the PzIVJ, hmmm?
AbsntMndedProf

Post by AbsntMndedProf »

That scen sounds Überraschen gut! I'm going to try it right now. Thanks Jess for letting us know about it, and thanks to Tracer for creating it!

Eric Maietta
tracer

Post by tracer »

AbsntMndedProf wrote:That scen sounds Überraschen gut! I'm going to try it right now. Thanks Jess for letting us know about it, and thanks to Tracer for creating it!

Eric Maietta
I just made the map! :)
Jim NSB ImageImage

Return to “SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns”