Problm 08 Geen hell

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.
VALENT PHILIPPE

Problm 08 Geen hell

Post by VALENT PHILIPPE »

:confused: somebody can explain a little strategy to use in the scenario 08 Green Hell at a little novice? :mad: if you give some ideas to play this game allies i will be glad! ANd also the 09 if possible . thinks to your answer.
phil
fifi
mogami

Green Hell

Post by mogami »

Hi, Valent in scenario 8 as allies all you have to do is protect Lunga.
The battle lasts for 90 days. You get reinforcements in approx 3 weeks. So for first 21 or so turns you only have what you begin with. The Japanese are going to try to close the airfield at Lunga by sending naval bombardment TF's down the slot. You have to place surface TF's close enough to react or right on Lunga. Your TF's do not have to win the surface battles just prevent the bombardments. Also the Japanese need to get through more then 1 or 2 times.
Any Japanese ship damaged in night action will be in range of bombers from Lunga the next day. (So if night action fails to allow bombardment your pilots will even up the score the next day by finishing off any damaged IJN ship)

After the Japanese close the airfield they need to bring enough troops to Lunga to capture the base. (I think you start with over 500 combat factors on Lunga so the Japanese need to haul at least 1k combat factors to win. (2-1 plus fort level) So dig in. This scenario is one of the hardest for the Japanese to win.

(You start with a lead in victory points)

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
VALENT PHILIPPE

[The battle lasts for 90 days. You get reinforcements in approx 3 weeks. So for first 21 or so turns you only have what you begin with.??? :confused:
This scenario is one of the hardest for the Japanese to win.and the USA?

(You start with a lead in victory points?? :confused:
some question supplementaires:does i have to transfer my planes to port moresby , and approvisionnement the troops in lunga? the japonese want to prevent my operation isn't it? thinks.
fifi
mogami

Scenario 8

Post by mogami »

Hi, Use Port Moresby to attack Japanese supply lines (Shortlands and Rabaul) attack at night if you must. Yes the Japanese must recapture Lunga.

VALENT PHILIPPE

. So for first 21 or so turns you only have what you begin with.??? what do you mean by this sentence?and i lead with many points? which points of what? sorry i am so difficult to understand .phil
fifi
mogami

Scenario 8

Post by mogami »

Hi, I mean the ships you have at start (Noumea and other locations) are all you have for first 21 turns. Around turn 22 many more ships will begin to arrive in port Noumea.

The score on turn one has the allies ahead. Some scenarios have the allies begin with fewer points. (Victory points. The side with the most VP after 90 turns wins the scenario.)

VALENT PHILIPPE

SCENARIO 9

thinks mogami, what can say to me about scenario 9, it is most difficult? what about strategy to use in this scenario? :confused: for WE i will work this 2 scenario if you give more information, please!! i'm a beginner in strategy and wargammer.
thinks for your answers. :rolleyes: phil
fifi
mogami

Scenario 9

Post by mogami »

Hi, In scenario 9 all you have to do is capture the Japanese bases around and including Lae. You'll need to move supply to Lunga so all the airgroups there can be effective. (If a base has less then 2x required supply airgroups will not fly more then 75 percent of their aircraft. )

Move supply and land combat units to Port Moresby and march north to Lae.
You'll need around 300 combat factors. (A full size Aussie Div)
You can capture the Japanese bases around Munda (there are 3) This takes around 350 combat factors per base (2 USMC Div) The Japanese have a lot of fighters but not many A6M2 (I think 2 or 3 Daitai)

So you are going to move heavy bombers (B-17 and B-24)and supply to PM and Lunga.
Destroy Japanese airfields. March north from PM and set up invasions around Munda (move the troops to Lunga and attack from there.) make sure to fly CAP over your transports.

If you capture Lae you should win. Capturing Munda as well will make the victory better. so prepare first
(move supply/troops and bomb enemy airfields) And then go to full attack mode.

VALENT PHILIPPE

:D Thinks for all information about scenario 9.if i understand (?) supply is very important to win the scenario. does the japenese contre attack on an other base far from lae or munda? all the struggle is in this party of the map?
does i have to prepare flight attack the night with heavy bombers?and search naval also?
:confused: for allfor scenario 10 what strategy do think?thinks for all :cool:
fifi
redman1

RE: Green Hell

Post by redman1 »

What if the Allies keep Lunga, but the Japs seize both GG and PM? Is the result a draw? IJN victory?
"Never send a monster to do the work of an evil scientist!"

Return to “The War Room”