The manual

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Tristanjohn

The manual

Post by Tristanjohn »

Serious thought ought to expended on the best way to improve the quality of the WitP manual over that afforded for UV. The latter is something terrible. It is inefficiently ordered and poorly written.

Please, find someone with mastery of English and give this person the time and support required to present players of WitP with more useful instructions.

In general, multiple examples from play need to be included so as to give players a decent idea of how and why the game mechanics fit into place.

One necessary addition: extensive player notes to further amplify the issues covered initially above, plus get into the nuts and bolts of actual play (strategy and tactics).

Another addition (perhaps idiosyncratic): designer notes. Gary's been basically working on this same game for close to two decades now and it should be more than a little worthwhile to read his thoughts on the subject.

Yet another addition: historical notes.

Finally, please give some consideration to presenting the manual in hard-cover form with spiral binding. I don't know what this would cost over and above whatever else you've no doubt in mind instead but that cost could be readily passed along to the very special-interest consumers who are the only people likley to buy this product in the first place.

Do it right, stop doing it wrong. We'll pay the difference.
Regarding Frank Jack Fletcher: They should have named an oiler after him instead. -- Irrelevant
herbieh

No problem

Post by herbieh »

printed out the UV manual day I got the game, read it in one sitting, played the intro scenerio, was playing the game against AI that day, PBEM in a matter of weeks.
No problems as I see it.
If Im a bit dubious I just drag out the manual and read the relevant bit. So, no problems with this duck. So, specifically, whats wrong with it?

Standing by for typical TJ personal attack and such, sorry guys, had a few beers and feel like feeding the troll. :D
Big seas, Fast ships, life tastes better with salt

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”