Announcement

Discuss likes and dislikes, get help and talk about MC tactics, AAR's, etc

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Wild Bill

Announcement

Post by Wild Bill »

At least some of you will be interested in knowing that the newest Mega Campaign is very close to publication.

Watch for a promo page on the Matrix site announcing the Mega Campaign and its theme.

I will say that this one is one you definitely don't want to miss. Literally thousands of man hours from almost 30 team members have produced a top of the line product. These guys have given their all to make this the best Mega Campaign you've ever seen!

While I can't say a lot at this point, I will say that this Mega-Campaign involves Western Europe and will have a different approach.

You will have four choices when you start the game. These choices are based on units inside the main unit. You can play completely through one thread, beginning to end. You can then start over, choose a new unit and play it again without repeating a single battle.

There are not as many alternate scenarios in this one, as most of those are never played anyway. Even so, a total of 130 scenarios, hundreds of articles and pictures will give you many, many hours of playing time.

The battles are balanced and fast moving. Rarely (unless you so choose) will you be faced with a long hard fight that takes days to complete.

Scenarios vary in size from quite small to huge and often you'll have the choice as to which you prefer.

Every type of situation is included, almost all of them based on historical battles. There are a few hypothetical ones, but by and large you will get the feel of what this sterling unit faced as it fought across Western Europe until V-E Day.

So get ready. Its very close. Get ready for some hard fighting.

Wild Bill
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Mike Wood

RE: Announcement

Post by Mike Wood »

Hello...

Allow me to say, although we have worked together and maybe because of it, that you should buy Wild Bill's campaign. They are always brilliant and contain far more material than those of an earlier publisher's. They are entertaining and educational.

Nuff said...

Michael Wood
ORIGINAL: Wild Bill

At least some of you will be interested in knowing that the newest Mega Campaign is very close to publication.

Watch for a promo page on the Matrix site announcing the Mega Campaign and its theme.

I will say that this one is one you definitely don't want to miss. Literally thousands of man hours from almost 30 team members have produced a top of the line product. These guys have given their all to make this the best Mega Campaign you've ever seen!

While I can't say a lot at this point, I will say that this Mega-Campaign involves Western Europe and will have a different approach.

You will have four choices when you start the game. These choices are based on units inside the main unit. You can play completely through one thread, beginning to end. You can then start over, choose a new unit and play it again without repeating a single battle.

There are not as many alternate scenarios in this one, as most of those are never played anyway. Even so, a total of 130 scenarios, hundreds of articles and pictures will give you many, many hours of playing time.

The battles are balanced and fast moving. Rarely (unless you so choose) will you be faced with a long hard fight that takes days to complete.

Scenarios vary in size from quite small to huge and often you'll have the choice as to which you prefer.

Every type of situation is included, almost all of them based on historical battles. There are a few hypothetical ones, but by and large you will get the feel of what this sterling unit faced as it fought across Western Europe until V-E Day.

So get ready. Its very close. Get ready for some hard fighting.

Wild Bill
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

Michael, this was the Mega Campaign "Screaming Eagles", and it was released two years ago.

I gotta ask, where have you been, and have you not followed the development of SPWaW since your early programming efforts?
Mike Wood

Post by Mike Wood »

Hello...

Still suggest those who have not purchased the module to so do. More for folks, like me, who haven't been in the forum lately, than for those who already bought it.

When I finished working on SPWaW, I went and worked on Uncommon Valor for a goodly while and then War in the Pacific for a bit and am currently working on War in the East. It has been 4 or 5 years, since I even read this forum.

Bye...

Michael Wood
ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

Michael, this was the Mega Campaign "Screaming Eagles", and it was released two years ago.

I gotta ask, where have you been, and have you not followed the development of SPWaW since your early programming efforts?
mogami

Post by mogami »

Hi, LOL when I first read this I was almost upset that WB had done another mega without me. Then I saw the dates and realized Mike has been missing out.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

Your support is welcome anytime, Michael Coming from you is very special. I appreciate all the good comments on what we have tried to do. I know how busy you have been, as you always are.

Michael is an amazing man and a programmer that could stand with anyone!

And folks are still buying the Mega Campaigns, both the individual campaigns and the General's edition, which includes all four of them, plus version 8.3 of the Steel Panthers World at War.

Your endorsement of the work done is extremely valuable to me at anytime.

Thank you.

Wild Bill
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Mapper

Post by Mapper »

It is good to hear that there will be a new campaign. I would like to suggest that a save system be implemented in this campaign. I have been having trouble with crashes at certain points within the game causing me to lose many hours of progress. If I was able to easily save the file with different names as needed, this could be avoided. I understand that not being able to save adds tension to the game, which is good, but I end up replaying them anyway after the crash. I imagine that others have had trouble with this as well.

Sincerely,

Mapper
IBTyrone

Post by IBTyrone »

Hey Mapper.

There are some MC save game workaround threads out there for people that have had crash problems like yourself. Do a search on the forums here or over at the Depot (spwaw.com) and you'll find something. I think there might even be a utility.
Goblin

Post by Goblin »

ORIGINAL: Mapper

It is good to hear that there will be a new campaign.

Mapper,

This announcement was for Screaming Eagles, which is already finished and released, not for another campaign.

Goblin
Mapper

Post by Mapper »

This sounds good, I'll try that today.

Mapper

Return to “Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW”