time scale

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

pauk

time scale

Post by pauk »

i interested what time scale is optimate to play in the campaign game (1. may 42 -1. january 44)?
i started vith one day per turn, but after a month playing (30 turns i concluded that is too ambitious maybe?
so, what is your's expirience about time scale per turn?
Bushmaster

Post by Bushmaster »

pauk I think there is no getting arround having to play day to day. I'm just starting to find out how important daily attention to aircraft is. I think the only time you can get away with week turns would be if both sides need time to build up to be able to attack, just make sure everything is on rest.

Basically you have to play day to day or else you'll wear out anything flying untill it destroys itself... I think. I've actually never tried week turns so I can't say for certain.

Does anyone ever use, or had any sucess with, more than one day turns?
bilbow

Post by bilbow »

Pretty much everyone plays with 1-day turns. That means a campaiign will last a long time, but what is the hurry? One of my games started last September and is now in July 1943.

There are exceptions to one-day turns, though. I recall one AAR a few months ago by Feinder that was based on two day turns. It should still be accessible. Check it out. He seem pretty satisfied with the results as I remember.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile- hoping it will eat him last
- Winston Churchill
Drex

Post by Drex »

Soulblazer and I just finished playing to the bitter end (jan1, 1944) and we just started a new game. I forget how long it took us and I guess we don't care. Real time seems accellerated when you play UV day-to-day. In fact I am often late for appointments trying to get a few turns in.
Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”