Grand Campaign Opeartion Cobra

Close Combat: The Bloody First Tech Support Forum. Please post any issues found here.
sashagny

Grand Campaign Opeartion Cobra

Post by sashagny »

Greetings...

I need a bit of a help or clarification.

Played Grand Campaign (USA) and managed to get to Operation Cobra. I think I had 8-9 days available for the operation. Took it slow so not sure how many days it took overall (although opted for "hasty attack" after each battle)to get to Percy map and after a couple of engagements on that one I had two win locations to get to. Hit next, got info I did well but I lost some ground and after hitting next button again got back to the main screen. If I try to load saved Grand Campaign I get that same info screen and can go back to main screen only.
Not sure if this means I lost before I finished the grand campaign. I wasn't fast enough or something?

Decided to start Operation Cobra and go through with it. Three battles on the first map (Marigny I think) with "hasty attack" after each battle. Three more battles on "Percy Pursuit" ("hasty attack" after each battle). Two win locations left but enemy morale crumbles before I can get to those and I'm sure I had 6-7 days left for the operation before the last battle. "Next" button and I'm back at the main screen?!

On "saved games" screen "Operation Cobra" is listed as "Completed" and "Grand Campaign" is "In Progress". Either way I can't load and continue.

So, am I doing something wrong? Do I need to rush through these two maps in two battles (not likely to rush past a Panther though)? Is this some glitch? Just to make sure I did "Verify integrity of game files..." thing but it didn't help.

So, help?

Thank you.
SteveMcClaire

RE: Grand Campaign Opeartion Cobra

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi sashagny -- are you playing with the latest update to the game? If so you should see version 1.1.8 on the game main screen. If not you can get the update here: https://www.matrixgames.com/game/close- ... oody-first

It is possible to end an operation by completely destroying all units on the other side, and the Operation Cobra operation will present you with weaker German units if you are ahead of the expected start date/time for some of the battles. I suspect that may be what happened, though you should have seen something like "All enemy forces were destroyed and the operation is over" in the post-battle debrief messages.

If you can zip and upload the saved game for your campaign I can take a look and verify why it's not loading.

sashagny

Post by sashagny »

Hi Steve...

I've got 1.1.8.

I'd really appreciate if you could take a look at the files.

How do I upload the files? It seems I can't post links (I'm new around here :P) and I don't see an option to upload files.

Thank you.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi sashagny -- you can post the save file to something like wetransfer / drop box / one drive / google drive and either post the link or send it to me in a pm.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Thanks for the files sashagny. I was able to confirm that both games are 'over' due to the Axis side being destroyed.

The issue in this case is that there are a few Axis survivors from the previous battle, but when the game advances to the next battle and tries to regroup damaged units, the Axis side ends up with no viable units due to minimum number of soldiers available. This is a pretty uncommon case but I will put it on the fix list for a future update, and have the game take you back to Debrief and shows that the operation and/or campaign is over and why.

sashagny

Post by sashagny »

Hi Steve...

Thanks for looking at those files for me.

So it's not a glitch or a technical problem? Oh, well, that's good news I guess.

Only thing I'm still confused with - was Operation Cobra the last operation in grand campaign? I checked the list and I thought that there are at least three other operations available after Cobra. After destroying Axis during Cobra Operation shouldn't I be able to proceed with Grand Campaign? I can't be that good that Axis surrendered completely after facing me in that operation :)

Thank you.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

To be clear, yes it is a bug. The operation/camapaign ends as it should, but due to where the 'enemy is destroyed' end state is caught in the code, the player doesn't get any notification that this happened or why. I will add that notification.

Yes, Operation Cobra is the last operation in the Grand Campaign.
sashagny

Post by sashagny »

Oh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

Cheers...

Return to “Close Combat: The Bloody First - Tech Support Forum”