Shadow Spy question

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

Daza99

Shadow Spy question

Post by Daza99 »

It says it will help a leaders next roll. Is this only valid during the current turn or if you play this stratagem on a Leader only to change your mind will this Shadow Spy will be attached to that leader in future turns until the leader has made a roll. Which perhaps might be in the background if they are just going about their normal duties, rather than you activating another stratagem card with that leader. I suppose all leaders has rolls going on doing their jobs, so maybe then that Shadow Spy cannot be used by the player again in next turn if the player was hoping to play a diplomat stratagem card for example?
Maerchen

RE: Shadow Spy question

Post by Maerchen »

Shadow spy adds a +40 covert ops skill roll bonus, not a flat bonus to any skill roll.

I don't remember if the bonus persists until that leader actually rolls the skill or if it vanishes the turn after. Your fluff ideas are interesting and nice, but in the end probably irrelevant, mo harm intended.

If you want a diplomacy bonus, you wantShadow diplomat.
The logistics hell this game is IS the fun part! - Maerchen, 2020

The good thing is, we have all the information in the reports. The bad thing is, we have all the information. Maerchen, 2020

Came for SE. Will stay for SE.
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

It stays around as a Feat, until the first time the proper skill roll is made - then it is used up.

While the Strat card poorly indicates it, they are only valid for one Skill each.
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

I'm always baffled when people fail to understand that... like : how would a Spy help your Interior Director to give a credits gift ?!
Maerchen

Post by Maerchen »

Coercion and bribes? Compromizing info threatening to be made public and miraculously a rich entrepreneur gifts money to the target?
The logistics hell this game is IS the fun part! - Maerchen, 2020

The good thing is, we have all the information in the reports. The bad thing is, we have all the information. Maerchen, 2020

Came for SE. Will stay for SE.
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: BlueTemplar

I'm always baffled when people fail to understand that... like : how would a Spy help your Interior Director to give a credits gift ?!
Is there any skill roll where a bit of espionage would not be of use?

Return to “Shadow Empire”