[Answered] Command: Modern Operations Linux Support?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

0x6f6f66

[Answered] Command: Modern Operations Linux Support?

Post by 0x6f6f66 »

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting CMO, but have Ubuntu Linux 20.04 LTS as my operating system. Searching the web, I found that most people reported that CMANO didn't work on Linux (with Wine) with some people managing to make it work. However, there are no such reports for CMO.

Do any of you run CMO on Linux successfully? If so, how did you go about it? I would love to know.

Thanks!
Marthinwurer

RE: Command: Modern Operations Linux Support?

Post by Marthinwurer »

I was attempting this today myself. There's an issue with how CMO gets obfuscated where invalid bytecode is generated. I had a whole post with my findings written up but it won't let me post it because I reference stackoverflow and SmartAssembly docs
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

Hey guys,

At the moment Windows is the only supported operating system for Command. We have had some professional interest in Linux as a platform so this may eventuate down the track.

There's an (unsupported and unofficial) project to get CMANO running on Linux. I don't have the link available but it shouldn't be too hard to find with a search engine.
kovyakov

Post by kovyakov »

I have interest in it too.
Already bought CMANO and CMO, but since right now I'm only running Linux there is no way to play.
BDukes

Post by BDukes »

ORIGINAL: kovyakov

I have interest in it too.
Already bought CMANO and CMO, but since right now I'm only running Linux there is no way to play.

Imagine your intent is to run native but have you tried a Linux Windows VM? If you're in a jam might be the way to go.

Mike
Don't call it a comeback...

Return to “Tech Support”