What makes you genuinely proud to be (insert your nation here)

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Boar

Post by Boar »

Kung Karl wrote:Whats wrong about being proud of somthing about your nation? You don't have to be a rasist or similar just because you are proud of your country.
I think it is funny to talk to people from diffrent cultures because they ARE diffrent. I don't think less about them just because they are diffrent. Hey, I applaud it! But I am also proud of my country.

Which american honestly say they don't feel proud when they read about d-day? I bet the french feel proud when they read about Napolen and the glorius Imperial French army. Thats they way it is. It is nothing wrong with it as I see it. It only becomes wrong when you look down on others and try to tell them how to live their lives.
I am proud that people from my country can express their opinions
freely even though they can't speel and entirely miss the point of
what someone is saying. Makes me proud. Makes me loud.
Sing it loud and sing it proud,

"I'm a redneck
and I'm proud of it! ..."
Boar

Post by Boar »

NefariousKoel wrote:Yeah... crawfish... us hillbillies called them crawdads.
I must be a hillbilly even though I was a flatlander -- called 'em crawdads too.

They're only good when cooked up etouffe or in REALLY hotly spiced
bisque.

Ummm.

But I'm not about to do all that work to cook 'em.

The thing I got out of this thread is ... we're all proud of our countries because, by gum, we got crawfish.
riverbravo

Post by riverbravo »

Boar wrote:I must be a hillbilly even though I was a flatlander -- called 'em crawdads too.

They're only good when cooked up etouffe or in REALLY hotly spiced
bisque.

Ummm.

But I'm not about to do all that work to cook 'em.

The thing I got out of this thread is ... we're all proud of our countries because, by gum, we got crawfish.
As the forum turns.....lol
I laugh at hurricanes!
riverbravo

Post by riverbravo »

BrubakerII wrote::p

Our local 'crawfish' live in frreshwater and as kids of course it was fun to catch them. The easiest way to do that was with a bit of old meat in a butterfly net or similar - they loved the stuff. But if your ma didn't have an old smelly chop around the next best thing was soap. For some reason Yabbie's love it - maybe the animal fat. So you'd tie some soap to a bit of string and dangle it in a creek (keep your toes back ;) ) and when the yabby came out for a bit of a poke at it you'd try to get it to grab it (a territorial thing) which then made it easy to lift it up out of the water. Easy eh? In theory.

Of course now I am older and wiser (or older anyway) I would use yabbie pots which are essentially like lobster/cray pots. Chuck these into a creek/river and sit back and catch the zzz's :sleep:
We would take a US gallon milk jug and cut them into a scoop and assault the mudbugs were they live.We would scoop them out of there mud hideouts and find the two biggest and fight them to the death.

How do you guys cook em?If you do at all.

This is kind of a recipe I dont feel like looking ast the actual measurements but this is kinda close.

1 big pot
a lot of heat
40 lbs of yabbies ;)
7 bags of zatterains crab boil
1 large bottle of cayenne pepper
1 container of mortens salt
3 celery bundles
corn on the cob cut in half....celery and corn to your liking
1 small onion powder
Bring the water,crab boil,salt,pepper to a raging boil
dump in live yabbies and watch them boil alive with glee

boil till blood red......dump a couple bags of ice on the boiling varmits and let sit for 5 min.the ice makes them absorb the spices better due to temp change.

Oh yea,take all youre yabbies when still liveing and put them in a steel tub with a ater and a lot of salt,it cleans them and makes them puke and dump out all their filthy trash.

Add outdoors,chics and a some good tunes and have a good time. :cool:
I laugh at hurricanes!
BrubakerII

Post by BrubakerII »

Boar wrote: The thing I got out of this thread is ... we're all proud of our countries because, by gum, we got crawfish.
And you spelled the entire post correctly ;)
[8D] SSG Beta Tester [8D]
Raverdave

Post by Raverdave »

riverbravo wrote: How do you guys cook em?If you do at all.

Boil the buggers in a billy till the're cooked :rolleyes: How else are ya gonna cook them ? ;)

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
riverbravo

Post by riverbravo »

Raverdave wrote:Boil the buggers in a billy till the're cooked :rolleyes: How else are ya gonna cook them ? ;)
You can Bar-b-q them.

Not my method but one I saw at a Crawfish cookoff.

Those dudes just threw them on the grill and....viola ...bbq crawdads.

Stick with boiling.
I laugh at hurricanes!
Louis Jones

Post by Louis Jones »

lol :) Just imaging the rest of the world at a good Ole Cajun crawfish boil. The the complaints from them the next day when all that cayenne pepper exits the colon. :eek:
riverbravo

Post by riverbravo »

Louis Jones wrote:lol :) Just imaging the rest of the world at a good Ole Cajun crawfish boil. The the complaints from them the next day when all that cayenne pepper exits the colon. :eek:
i would like to see half of their faces....."what....uh...we gotta eat those"?
I laugh at hurricanes!
Reiryc

Post by Reiryc »

Igotmilk™ wrote:You getting booted from your modship after you went on your Little Hitler "power" spree over a miniscule amount of "power" you were entrusted with.

I have never seen someone so desperate for power, it was embarrasing to watch. Made me proud of my country and feel bad for members of yours.

LoL...

That aside I am most proud of our constitution. I think it was/is one of the best structured governments in history.... now if we would just follow the d'amn thing. :(

Return to “General Discussion”