Any way to Unlock the Finnish Front?

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderator: Joel Billings

JJerrob14

Any way to Unlock the Finnish Front?

Post by JJerrob14 »

Is there any way to unlock the Finnish front to play the Finns on map using the Editor?
RedLancer

RE: Any way to Unlock the Finnish Front?

Post by RedLancer »

Yes - you remove the Finnish Theatre Box and put the regions assigned to that TB back onto the map.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
Floxolydian

Post by Floxolydian »

Somebody's working on adding Bulgaria into the game, maybe he can give you some hints :)

Here's the mod's thread:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4995781
antwniago

Post by antwniago »

As someone has previously said you need to put the theatre box areas back on the map first, then it is a case of manually placing the relevant Finnish, German and Soviet units back onto the map either via the editor or CSV data.

By loading the generic data and looking at units and the map you can see where they would be located.

Be aware that at least 8 Finnish units have the wrong TOE in the generic data (they point to German static divisions) so can initially be hard to find.

So far I have all the ground units on map and setup the the axis air units, currently working on the soviet air units. You also need to set their frozen data via the CSV file (column AD) for when they activate.

Also I have deactivated the Finnish and Northern Front events that would normally run for the theatre box.

As has been pointed out elsewhere the game AI won''t handle the area well but I am only doing it for personal h2h play for fun, you need to ensure you make your own stop lines for combat until Leningrad falls and also a furthest point of deployment line for Finish forces - easy when you are both sides I guess.

To make it work for AI I believe you would need to create new scripts for the AI to follow and load them but I haven't played with scripts as yet.

Hope this helps you out.
MechFO

Post by MechFO »

ORIGINAL: antwniago

As someone has previously said you need to put the theatre box areas back on the map first, then it is a case of manually placing the relevant Finnish, German and Soviet units back onto the map either via the editor or CSV data.

By loading the generic data and looking at units and the map you can see where they would be located.

So far I have all the ground units on map and setup the the axis air units, currently working on the soviet air units. You also need to set their frozen data via the CSV file (column AD) for when they activate.

Also I have deactivated the Finnish and Northern Front events that would normally run for the theatre box.

As has been pointed out elsewhere the game AI won''t handle the area well but I am only doing it for personal h2h play for fun, you need to ensure you make your own stop lines for combat until Leningrad falls and also a furthest point of deployment line for Finish forces - easy when you are both sides I guess.

To make it work for AI I believe you would need to create new scripts for the AI to follow and load them but I haven't played with scripts as yet.

Hope this helps you out.

Where did you cut off the map? If you cut it at row 71 so you only have the areas between Lake Segozero and Lage Onega, the Svir front and Leningrad active that doesn't seem that much extra for AI to handle.

Maybe also have a look at adding some possible depot dots along Leningrad-Murmansk rail line that can used for the supply system.
ORIGINAL: antwniago
Be aware that at least 8 Finnish units have the wrong TOE in the generic data (they point to German static divisions) so can initially be hard to find.

Please post that kind of information in the Scenario Data/Map Issues sub forum.
JJerrob14

Post by JJerrob14 »

Thanks all for the assistance! Love this community! I will let you know how it goes.
antwniago

Post by antwniago »

Currently I have opened up all the way to Murmansk as all I am doing is looking to what happens with the front open. I shall run through some tests to see what the AI does if anything (it may not have been scripted to react I guess as Finland wasn't meant to be in the live area) and check out how supply runs.

I have posted the TOE errors in the Scenario Data/Map errors as you suggested,
JJerrob14

Post by JJerrob14 »

Thanks great thanks!

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”