Why make a map of the European Battlespace?

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderator: Joel Billings

Zemke

Why make a map of the European Battlespace?

Post by Zemke »

Because I think 2by3 plan not only doing a War in the West 2, but a long-awaited "War in Europe" (WiE)! This is just an educated guess based on the "intel picture".

Thought Exercise:

Let's say that in the future 2by3 does make a WiE, what will it look like? Well, we know what the map will look like, but what design choices or features will it have, and what are the problems of a WiE?

Predictions and Guesses:
1. Will the Germans be able to shift units around freely? I would think not, this would create a very unbalanced Eastern Front quickly, or maybe not, the logistics constraints do a good job of that already, but I would say not, there will still be minimum garrison requirements.
2. War in the Atlantic: I will guess this will be mostly abstracted. Going into the "weeds" of naval, submarine warfare, and all that would be a bridge too far, for the detail we would demand.
3. Production Manipulation: I will guess a big NO. The reason is when you start down that path, it is all fine if you are the Germans and now you have got Panthers early and in large numbers, till the US shows up with Pershing Tanks and not Shermans. Anyway, you see my point...I hope. Although it would be fun to do alternate historical games and allow it. Sort of like the old War in Russia, where I think you could build more Tigers than historical by switching factories over to Tiger production instead of PzIV production.

Prediction
4. I predict a very similar game to WitE2, but all of Europe and North Africa with some tweaks to the Air System and perhaps a little more flexibility in unit disposition or Theator deployment options.
"Actions Speak Louder than Words"
juv95hrn

RE: Why make a map of the European Battlespace?

Post by juv95hrn »

WitW 2 and War in Europe DLC combining them.
"Yes, I am the henchman of the Devil but my services are primarily ceremonial..."
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: juv95hrn

WitW 2 and War in Europe DLC combining them.

[X(][&o]
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

Although it might be difficult to see the map is actually the same one that we used for WitW. All we have done is change some of the artwork.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
cardolan

Post by cardolan »

All based on wite2 game engine.

1- Continuation war DLC
2- Balkan campaigns DLC
3- War in the south expansion
4- War in the west expansion

Please 2by3 [;)]
AdmiralHalsey

Post by AdmiralHalsey »

ORIGINAL: cardolan

1- Continuation war DLC
2- Balkan campaigns DLC

Please 2by3 [;)]

+99
AlessandroD

Post by AlessandroD »

It would be a full time job playing this beast...even WitP-AE would be easier to manage [:D]
FriedrichII

Post by FriedrichII »

ORIGINAL: AlessandroD

It would be a full time job playing this beast...even WitP-AE would be easier to manage [:D]

There could be an option that the player can chose if he wants to play the theaters on map or off map (box). This solution would could make every player happy.
FriedrichII

Post by FriedrichII »

ORIGINAL: cardolan

1- Continuation war DLC
2- Balkan campaigns DLC

Please 2by3 [;)]

If it would be playable in one game contemporaneous I would sell my car for it. .... maybe
Light4bettor

Post by Light4bettor »

OKH and OKW, Italy, Axis Allies vs UK, US, USSR, et al? 1939 campaign game? Hell, no more need for TB's, if you don't keep enough garrisons, then the situation will take care of itself.
Zemke

Post by Zemke »

ORIGINAL: RedLancer

Although it might be difficult to see the map is actually the same one that we used for WitW. All we have done is change some of the artwork.

I am sorry, I never had WitW. Thought this was a new map.
"Actions Speak Louder than Words"
AlessandroD

Post by AlessandroD »

ORIGINAL: FriedrichII
ORIGINAL: AlessandroD

There could be an option that the player can chose if he wants to play the theaters on map or off map (box). This solution would could make every player happy.

Of course, it would be a dream.

Anyhow, I think a PhD in Wargaming is needed and I would add it under the requirements [:D]
VonWulfen

Post by VonWulfen »

I was just about to post a similar question regarding WitW2 as an Über DLC/Expansion based on looking at the map.
‘Be so good as to call me an elephant,’
Stephen Maturin
sfbaytf

Post by sfbaytf »

Empire Total War had multiple maps you could play on representing different parts of the world. Just think a similar system where you click on a button and go from Western/African to Eastern front. Then click another button and you're in the Pacific.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”