Tesla Cannon: Good News, Bad News

Welcome to the new war raging across hundreds of light years at once, with mechanized Titans as the main fighting force.

Moderator: MOD_TitansOfSteel

Iskandar

Tesla Cannon: Good News, Bad News

Post by Iskandar »

Just a quick note, before I wander back to bed.

I love Tesla Cannons, but occasionally they do more harm then good.

My Guru snuck up on an unsuspecting Fireball, charged and knocked him down. Standing over the Tiatan, the Guru let loose one Tesla shot. To the right torso. Destroying it. And the engine.
you know what comes next. Titan Destroyed, Engine Explodes!

She got blown right out of the hex.

Took all of 1 second to kill the Fireball, spent the next minute waking up and recollecting myself. :p

Luckily she was far in advance of the rest of the squad.

And also luckily the Fireball had gotten seperated from the rest of his squad, so by the time the rest came charging up intent on vengence, she got shakily to her feet, and beat a hasty retreat.

God, I love this game.
Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

This can also happen using any other weapon, you know. But i think that the Tesla Bolt Cannon isnt as useful as two Chainsaws. I really like Close Combat, but weapons like the TBC are too big, too heavy, too expensive and need too much time to recycle. Of course you can overload shields with the TBC very fast, but a chainsaw isnt affected by a shield. ;)
"Der Tiger sucht seine Beute"
Lobsteve

Post by Lobsteve »

True, you wouldn't want to face down anything but a Recon or Light Titan with just a Tesla. But it's still a great weapon if you use it carefully. I liken it to a knife-fight, you get in, get your hit, get out. There are few weapons that can do that better.

Also remember, when you hit a shielf with a Tesla the target's heat goes through the roof. This can lead to either ammo explosions, engines shutting down, and no one like to fire when their heat is in the red.

Lobsteve.
"Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas--only I don't exactly know what they are! However, somebody killed something: that's clear, at any rate---"
-- Lewis Carrol
Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

I like a combination of Chainsaws, EM-Pulsers and Flamethrowers. First, you fire your EM-Ps at the enemy (one lucky shot can shut down the engine and so on), then, heat him up with the Flamethrowers and/or Napalm Missiles. Afterwards, fell the enemy with the Chainsaws or throug a well aimed charge. Try to saw of his legs, arms (or best: the head) with called shots.

Very nice, or? :)
"Der Tiger sucht seine Beute"
Muz

Post by Muz »

I prefer the Auto-cannon 20 over the Tesla. They don't really heat up the attacker as much and don't put so much strain on the engine.

Vibra claws are a must-have as well... :)
rosary

Post by rosary »

Black Knight wrote:I like a combination of Chainsaws, EM-Pulsers and Flamethrowers. First, you fire your EM-Ps at the enemy (one lucky shot can shut down the engine and so on), then, heat him up with the Flamethrowers and/or Napalm Missiles. Afterwards, fell the enemy with the Chainsaws or throug a well aimed charge. Try to saw of his legs, arms (or best: the head) with called shots.

Very nice, or? :)
There are a lot of great weapon combinations just waiting to be discovered.
Sleeping_Dragon

Post by Sleeping_Dragon »

Black Knight... I guess great minds think alike :)

One of the first things I though about doing design-wise was stripping down the Crucible and see if I could fit in some EMPs. Turned out it wasn't going to be a simple strip-down job and needed to be built for scratch, so as soon as I feel my CC jock is ready he's going to prototype one It does sound like a good combo, don't it :)
Power does not corrupt; It merely attracts the corruptable.

AKA: Bblue
Coyote27

Post by Coyote27 »

rosary wrote:There are a lot of great weapon combinations just waiting to be discovered.
I like the combo of Tesla bolt and either SRM 8 or NM 7. I had an old medium called Baelrog that used this very sucessfully. When I get WS you'll see it again. :D

I'm guessing that BRG and EMP combos will be really fun as well.

Chainsaws have an uncanny tendency to blow up engines. This is balanced by their uncanny tendency to saw off heads.

Update: yes everyone I'm back. I'll try to find WS today, since I just realized that it'll run on my computer after all. And then you shall all learn the true meaning of fear. ;)
-Coyote

Return to “Titans of Steel - Warring Suns”