NP Game Hangs at Annual Additions phase

Please post only issues involving NetPlay here. All other issues should go in the main Tech Support sub-forum.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

budherre

NP Game Hangs at Annual Additions phase

Post by budherre »

Hi there. We are involved in a Barbarossa game using MWIF Netplay. Game proceeded normally through the M/J turn until we got to the Annual Additions phase. MWIF skipped over this phase for the German player as it should but for the Russian player the game hangs there. The end phase button is greyed out but the game doesn't proceed past that phase. Is there a workaround?
paulderynck

RE: NP Game Hangs at Annual Additions phase

Post by paulderynck »

Sounds like a sync issue. Go to the autosave from the phase before and send that file to your opponent and then both resume the game using that file.
Paul
budherre

Post by budherre »

But how do you send the file to your opponent? All off the directories in C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Barbarossa\Saved Games are empty.
craigbear

Post by craigbear »

Check the Virtual Store folder.... I forget the exact path.
budherre

Post by budherre »

I have no folder named Virtual Store on my computer.
craigbear

Post by craigbear »

Try:

C\Users\Name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progra Files (x86)\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios.
budherre

Post by budherre »

My friend and I both bought this game just two weeks ago and were disappointed to see that we have version 3.01. From what I am reading on the forum that version appears to be outdated by many years. The game is unstable and unplayable in its present form as it crashes and gets out of sync often. I would like to try an update but the auto updater doesn't work either. I did get an update from the forum that could be installed manually (its about 830 MB file) and it worked. I would like to give it to my friend but I can't remember where it was. Can you tell me where I can download it again?
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Latest public beta full install for the game is here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4891377

Latest hot patch for that version is here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4916269

Also the game makes auto-saves regularly. Are you saying your Saved Games folder does not contain an Autosaves folder?

OTOH I did not realize your version was old, so less likely then that you hit a sync issue.
Paul
budherre

Post by budherre »

Upgrading to the latest version seems to have solved this problem. Thanks for your help!

Return to “NetPlay Tech Support”