Create planets somehow manually?

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

BlackRain

Create planets somehow manually?

Post by BlackRain »

Maybe this is a dumb question, but has anyone figured out if it is possible to create a planet manually? What I mean is, I hate the random generation of planets as I just want to play on a specific map set up without having to spend a ridiculous amount of time rerolling. If there was a way to just add in the numbers you want and it generates a map that way, would be great. Just curious if there is anything out there?
LarryBurstyn

RE: Create planets somehow manually?

Post by LarryBurstyn »

And why do all the generated planets have LESS than 1g gravity...at least I've never seen one more than .65g...some of the planets generated could not have the atmospheres they have with the low gravity on them.
BlackRain

Post by BlackRain »

They need to be large size (the regular size) to have gravity of 1g. On regular maps you can get gravity below and above 1 g. The huge size allows for even higher gravity
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

There is no way to manually generate a planet.

There are "planet creation" saves. Hower a savegame contains a lot of information about Events, Stratagems, Assets and Models/OOBs. So any old Plaent Save will include old bugs.
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: LarryBurstyn

And why do all the generated planets have LESS than 1g gravity...at least I've never seen one more than .65g...some of the planets generated could not have the atmospheres they have with the low gravity on them.
Gravity is based on the real size and thus the selected Mapsize. 0.65 g is actually a lot for a small planet.
Gravity also somewhat dictates the atmosphere, but it is not the ultimate decider (just look at mars, wich has less then what the gravity would support).
BlackRain

Post by BlackRain »

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

There are "planet creation" saves. Hower a savegame contains a lot of information about Events, Stratagems, Assets and Models/OOBs. So any old Plaent Save will include old bugs.

Sigh, I wish you could. This is the single thing I hate the most about this game. I just want to create the planet I would like to play on lol
Daza99

Post by Daza99 »

ORIGINAL: BlackRain

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

Sigh, I wish you could. This is the single thing I hate the most about this game. I just want to create the planet I would like to play on lol

I think it would be nice to be able to manually configure what you want, this can go both ways of making something easier or harder, although the later is much easier to obtain with random generation.
One thing that could be patched in, until greater freedoms of manually choosing parameters for planets, is the ability to manually save the world before choosing your backstory mode and what your government will be made up with, as currently that is the downside of sharing saved worlds not being able to configure those last bit of details to what you want.

If that is done then perhaps there could be a community repository of generated interesting worlds, along with an attached pdf screenshots of the generation screens for finer details. These downloads would have to have the game build version in the filename of course, as zgrssd pointed out these saves would have existing bugs of that version.
newageofpower

Post by newageofpower »

A scenario editor of some sort has been constantly requested. A player allegedly made a homemade scenario editor but Vic asked him not to share it.

There are some players who have dissected the code via decompiler and are reverse engineering the .exe on the MP Discord.

Return to “Shadow Empire”