Shadow Empire is out on Steam

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

ledrobi

Shadow Empire is out on Steam

Post by ledrobi »

Shadow Empire is out on Steam and it comes with a 20% week-long launch discount. Together with the Steam release, Shadow Empire receives a massive free new update introducing flying units and improved Alien Fauna.

Shadow Empire is considered by critics and players to be one of the best and most flexible 4Xs ever produced.

Check out the critics' reviews:

"Shadow Empire has something for everyone: there’s a complex combat system pulled from wargames, the strategic resource management and exploration of 4X games, and even the character development layer you’d expect to find in Crusader Kings III. It even pulls from Dwarf Fortress in its fiendishly detailed world generation process at the outset of every game." - PCGamesN

"Shadow Empire is a triumph. It has been years since I played a 4X game that truly captivated me, and I had largely given up on the genre. Shadow Empire is different. It pushes the genre in directions that I did not expect it to ever be able to go." - Turn Based Lovers

"I’ve really been enjoying my time with the game, and I’m sure anyone who wants to experience a 4x game with detailed wargaming systems, engaging world generation, and deep interpersonal RPG-like interactions, should keep an eye out for Shadow Empire." - Wargamer.com
Clux

RE: Shadow Empire is out on Steam

Post by Clux »

When launching the game from steam, the launcher closes and steam stops recording the time played and steam overlay isn't available.

Also, there is a steam cloud feature but the issue with it its than you can't delete saves, as they're automatically downloaded again the next time you open the game

Nevermind, thanks to the unofficial discord I found out than you can disable steam cloud for selected games :)
Amateurs talk about strategy. Professionals talk about logistics!
perde

Post by perde »

Bought it. Works fine [8D]
Hister_MatrixForum

Post by Hister_MatrixForum »

Yes, finally! That fixes and improvements list since release in July is AMAZING(ly long)! What a developer. Thank you for your time.
sharahfluff

Post by sharahfluff »

I bought this game before it was on steam, do I get a steam key for as well?
Clux

Post by Clux »

ORIGINAL: sharahfluff

I bought this game before it was on steam, do I get a steam key for as well?
Yes, you have to go to the store where you bought it, go to the "my profile" tab and you will see an option to reveal your steam key below SE
Amateurs talk about strategy. Professionals talk about logistics!
VoodooDog

Post by VoodooDog »

e: nvm, cant delete post
Protonic2020

Post by Protonic2020 »

Such a foul, foul word. S**m? And i who thought this was sacred ground. [&o]

A wise man once said: "Oh it´s a sad day when a temple of gaming have to see such a name being mentioned here on Matrixgames forum!"
Guess my username on Steam, impossible but i changed it to reflect that i went to war with all of the staff there, all, and it was the usual routine there.
I made the lot cry, too bad. Can i say it in Swedish at least? It´s "Dra åt h*lvete j*vla småbarn", my username there now. [8|]
Think for yourself and never let others do it for you

Return to “Shadow Empire”