New Developer Beta Hotfix for EDBTR patch version 1.06.

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, harley, warshipbuilder, simovitch

simovitch

Post by simovitch »

**** HOTFIX 1.06.22 AVAILABLE ****

1.06.22 is an unofficial update (but should be very close to the official patch when released) that fixes some minor bugs that we discovered after the release of the 1.06 patch - and we have added some cool new features for you to try out! Just download the zip file from the link below and extract into your main GGEDTBTR folder where the 1.06 patch resides. This will overwrite several files so answer 'yes' to the MSWindows overwrite prompts.

Although this update should not effect your current 1.06 saves, it is preferable that you start a new game or at least complete your current turn. If your run the game through DxWnd, it's always good to "clear compatibility flags" whenever you update.

1.06.22 fixes and new features:

1. Fixed Scoring bugs for intro and short campaigns and some other scenarios.
2. Added "BigDuke66"'s BoB map graphic fix and several fixes to BoB location errors. fixed KG 40 HQ assignment.
3. The Halifax V and Lancaster II are now available for BTR. Both aircraft reside within 6 Group. Only available if you restart a new game.
4. German gruppe now contain 40 aircraft max.
5. Added ability to select location and airbase info on the map during the reaction phase.
6. Sunrise and sunset now tracks much more realistically to the seasons (based on Paris latitude). This means the attacker really has to pay attention to the time of year and plan his day and night raid launch times accordingly.
7. Added sunrise-sunset info to main display and planning display.
8. Added menu toggle button to stop re-centering of map during reaction phase(!) You can pan but you can't zoom with this feature on.
9. More fixes to speed up play and stop "turnback to target" events.
10. Made some tweaks to Allied BTR AI.
11. Updated promotion feature and fixed a few bugs. Most promotions in the game were just pilots replacing a fallen or wounded leader. Now you will see a message to that effect - either assuming command or an actual rank promotion. Promotions don't have much effect in the game - yet.
12. fixed several variable-type classes that were causing issues with range calculation routines.
13. Removed ability for axis human player to add AA factors to troops. Allowing this was causing several issues with the land combat routines. AI will still replace destroyed troop AA up to pre-set limits. AA factors now contributes to overall troop strength.
14. Game now shows Axis player when new and in-transit rail-flak arrives at destination.
15. Fixed a database error where several Wilde Sau nightfighter groups entering in the 1943 scenarios did not have their FuG 217’s equipped. Current games will automatically upgrade these groups to be equipped. Scenarios starting in 1944 were OK.
16. Made some more tweaks to ground combat resolution. Axis troop supply now shows impact of oil shortage. Oil shortage greatly reduces the ability of ground troops to resupply.
17. “rail use” is now tracked by the AI through rail centers and ports and can impact supply to ground troops. Strafing rail centers can reduce the capacity of rail use where it had no impact in the game before. Axis player can monitor rail use by clicking on rail centers.
18. Added ability to review weapons database from the aircraft list screen.
19. Fixed a bug causing game to crash when wind was from SW and clouds graphics were on.
20. Added additional morale recovery penalty for groups if ready A/C drops below 33% of full group establishment.
21. Increased restriction on groups flying with low morale.
22. Fixed a bug where radars in Brittany (BTR) and Cornwall (BOB) were not detecting raids.
23. Additional tweaks to allied AI raid planning.
24. Fixed an exploit where the defender player could bring future plane types into their replacement pool through the OOB screen.
25. Fixed another probable cause of the turnback bug.

Added feature for replacements:
In the unit list screen you see the number produced (meaning repl delivered if defender or repl received if attacker) by a/c type. The "replacement" screen is no longer redundant, it now shows the net number allocated for each a/c type. A negative number means your pool has dropped below the total #repl produced (i.e. you are burning through this a/c type). A positive number means your pool has increased above the total #repl produced, probably caused by upgrading to a better plane type which puts those old planes back in the pool.

Enjoy, and let us know what you think. Here is the dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vf9zc2s5y6p8s ... 2.zip?dl=0

simovitch

Johntxic

RE: New Developer Beta Hotfix for EDBTR patch version 1.06.

Post by Johntxic »

Should the version identifier at the bottom left of the screen change?
The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

ORIGINAL: Johntxic

Should the version identifier at the bottom left of the screen change?
Yes, it should show 1.06.08. If you downloaded and extracted the patch before today, a folder called "1.06.08" was created where you unzipped it. Copy the contents of that folder over your original installation folder. It should ask you if you want to overwrite some files.

Now the instructions from the first post are correct.
simovitch

Johntxic

Post by Johntxic »

That worked - I'd forgotten to copy over the litte .btr "Stuka" app file as well.

Ta.
The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

Hotfix updated to version 1.06.09
simovitch

simovitch

Post by simovitch »

Hotfix back up!!
simovitch

Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Thank you for your continued support of this game Simovitch!
Orm

Post by Orm »

Thank you for the new update.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
davidjruss

Post by davidjruss »

simovitch,

Many thanks for continuing to help and support this great game.
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Many thanks for the work on the BoB part!
anthonykevinluke

Post by anthonykevinluke »

Hi All,

Have loaded the latest hotfix/patch 1.06.14 and playing as the Axis I am seeing the same suicidal AI. The first three turns were the best AI moves I've seen in 19 years of playing this game (19 years! playing on and off due to the poor AI as it usually loses around Dec 43 or Jan 44 due to poor score), the AI hit Aircraft factories and components in Holland and Belgium the then hit all the factories around Paris - excellent moves as like most Axis players I abandon France and pull back to a line west of Hamburg running down the Ruhr and Fankfurt. However since then, the last 8 turns, the AI has not attacked anything but Airfields! the Whole 8th AF and all the mediums hit airfields usually out of reach of fighter cover and get - A. massacred, and B. no score. I don't know the fix but if possible airfields should be removed from the tgt list for mediums and heavies to prevent this idiotic behaviour. As well I wish I could remove the score for ending the game as the AI in the 43 Long Campaign seems to have no chance of ever getting past Feb 44. Happy to give more info if required but the AI is not working for a score at all; AI Typhoons should be hitting the ports railroads and small industries in France and low countries -great way to get scoring points. For your consideration.

Cheers,

AKL
sauro brusch

Post by sauro brusch »

good evening everyone. i downloaded the patch but i don't know how to install it. thanks
[:D][:@][&o]
joey

Post by joey »

You should be able to unzip it in the game file area.
solops

Post by solops »

OK, is this for 1.06 AND 1.0605? Or just 1.06 or just 1.0605?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

OK, is this for 1.06 AND 1.0605? Or just 1.06 or just 1.0605?

< Message edited by simovitch -- 1/19/2021 5:23:48 PM >
Apply it to any version 1.06 and higher.
simovitch

Tinstaafl

Post by Tinstaafl »

For the sake of historical accuracy.

Checking BTR43 files I've found Mielec-Heinkel Flugkomponente Fabric (ID 1396) set to produce He 162 Assembly and Parts with 520 delay. Doesn't seem to make much sense to me, as Soviets occupied Mielec on August 6th, 1944, which is over 4 months before expected production start at October 24th, 1944.

Some sources date the soviet "liberation" of Mielec at January 1945, but this date is wrong. You can confirm the correct date among others on Wikipedia page for PZL Mielec, which actually is the factory in question - Heinkel was managing it since the beginning of German occupation in 1939.

The English Wikipedia article is of poor quality, but the "liberation" date is correct there. From what I was able to gather, being a pre-war assembly plant for PZL P-37 "&#321;o&#347;" (a modern medium bomber produced in a very limited quantity) PZL Mielec during German occupation produced not only airplane parts, but also since 1940 was an assembly plant for He-111 bombers. I seriously doubt the Wikipedia claim, that "there were 5500 workers in 1944", as 5500 was the whole population of Mielec in 1939 (though slave labor has been used by Germans at the factory), but it sounds right, that "in July 1944 the withdrawing Germans took all the machines and equipment", so then the production ceased. As it was never a very big plant even in its best years, I would expect it's production capacity during WW2 to be at most a few planes per week (mainframe+assembly, as it has never produced engines AFAIK).
Tinstaafl

Post by Tinstaafl »

Another thing found in BTR43. Why do we have Ga variants of Bf 109G-2 and Bf 109G-6, and Ga Parts?

Stats for Bf 109G-2 and Bf 109Ga-2 are identical, except the pictures used, production dates and replacements, so is there any reason to list it at all?
The same seems to be the case with Bf 109G-6 and Bf 109 Ga-6, where the earlier G-6 is just 1 point slower, has R6 variant and surprisingly has much higher maintenance time having the same weapons, which seems to me like an error, also when comparing with Ga-2 maintenance time. I can hardly think of a reason for it being 66% higher, than G-2, Ga-2 and Ga-6.

Shouldn't both Ga versions be just removed to streamline the game, as they seem redundant, especially that with Ga versions using Ga Parts it's likely to be messing up with the production, if it's managed by the computer? Or did they got messed up at some point and should have different stats?
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

Doesn't seem to make much sense to me, as Soviets occupied Mielec on August 6th, 1944,
It's not in the manual but the areas east of x=1220 will begin to fall to the Soviets in late August '44 so it will never show on the map. Then the whole East front collapses in February '45.

There's no way yet to influence the East front like you can in the West and Italy.
simovitch

simovitch

Post by simovitch »

Why do we have Ga variants of Bf 109G-2 and Bf 109G-6, and Ga Parts?
They need to exist for how the code handles the Axis allies under the hood.

Be careful what you change in the data, the are a lot of intertwined dependencies that will easily mess things up in the game.
simovitch

Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Actual terminology for the Bf 109Ga is foreign produced Bf 109G in german service. This mostly meant hungarian-produced Bf 109G.
Was also used for the Me 210Ca of which hungary produced/assembled several hundred for german use.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”