[Fixed] Scenario migration defaults to out of date DB3K version

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Twistedpretzel

[Fixed] Scenario migration defaults to out of date DB3K version

Post by Twistedpretzel »

When I click the Editor drop down and navigate to Database it shows "Current: DB3000 v483" and "Use Latest DB3000: DB3000 v487"

Then I click on "Upgrade scenario to latest DB version"

When the Scenario Migration screen opens the top of the window says "Scenario Migration (Selected DB: DB3K_466.db3)" causing my upgrade to actually roll the scenario DB back.

I believe my issue is being caused from the newest build patch having a DB3K_487 showing last modified on 31 August 2020 whereas the older DB3K files show a last modified date of 3 October 2020 since they were downloaded and installed today. I have a temporary work around where I quarantined all the DB3K files showing a date modified as more recent than 487 to a separate folder. The scenario migration works correction now and shows 487 as the selected version.

Will having multiple DB3K files missing effect the game? Is there a different workaround so my DB3K_487 will show as the most recently modified DB and be the default with the scenario migration tool? Is there a way to manually set the default DB3K file for scenario migration? Thanks.

Edit: As a side note I can't include the build version in my post because the forum thinks it is a phone number and won't let me post a phone number or link until 7 days after my 10th post. It is the latest one that was released on 26 September 2020.
thewood1

RE: Scenario migration defaults to out of date DB3K version

Post by thewood1 »

WHat version are you running, just so I am working with the same one?
Twistedpretzel

Post by Twistedpretzel »

As a side note I can't include the entire build version in my post because the forum thinks it is a phone number and won't let me post a phone number or link until 7 days after my 10th post. It is the latest one that was released on 26 September 2020.

This can be replicated by doing the following.

Uninstall the game.
Reinstall the game.
Update to build 47.11.
Use "Upgrade scenario to latest DB version" function. You will see the scenario migration window automatically selects a DB3K file that may not be the current DB. I can't find a way to change the default selection of the scenario migration window other than removing DB3K files that show a more recent "modified date" than the DB3K_487 file included with the 47.11 patch.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn »

It's a bug that happened before due to the way the latest db is selected, IIRC a workaround is to delete the latest db (not the "last modified" which is actually an old db) then run the game files integrity check (if you have the steam version), the db will be downloaded again and will be correctly flagged as the "last modified"
Twistedpretzel

Post by Twistedpretzel »

ORIGINAL: Grazyn

It's a bug that happened before due to the way the latest db is selected, IIRC a workaround is to delete the latest db (not the "last modified" which is actually an old db) then run the game files integrity check (if you have the steam version), the db will be downloaded again and will be correctly flagged as the "last modified"

Agreed.

Issues with this:

1. Any new installation of CMO can replicate this problem, depending on the date modified time stamp on the DB3K files.
2. Any update manually installed and not pushed via steam can create this problem depending on the date modified time stamps of these DB3K files.

My work around since steam was at least 2 DB3K versions behind (DB3K_483 is the most up to date file that comes with a clean install). I downloaded a free program called "Attribute Changer" that allows the user to modify the attributes including "date modified" time stamps. Manually modified the time stamp for DB3K_487 to be the most recent DB3K file using this third party program. Seems to work fine now.

Possible developer solutions:

1. Allow manual selection of DB3K file to use during Scenario Migration instead of the current system where it is selected via time stamp.
2. Change the Scenario Migration system to default or automatically select the DB3K file by name since the current naming scheme obviously indicates the newest version of DB.
3. Ignore because it is a small problem in the big scheme of things and occurs rarely due to a very specific set of circumstances (clean install or manual patching) and it is fixed whenever the next steam update is pushed.
KnightHawk75

Post by KnightHawk75 »

Possible developer solutions:

1. Allow manual selection of DB3K file to use during Scenario Migration instead of the current system where it is selected via time stamp.
Yes please.

This would assist with some other issues I run into with fubar'd migrations due to things (sensors,etc) having been removed entirely in latest dbs such that errors are thrown even though it completes, units don't get migrated they just go missing instead of being generated without missing components. Being able to say upgrade a 476 scene to a selected #483 first would have saved some work around steps (file moves\restarts) in overcoming it.

Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

Logged for investigation.

SteveMcClaire

RE: [Logged] Scenario migration defaults to out of date DB3K version

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Twistedpretzel -- this should have been fixed in the 1.02 update. Please let me know if you're still seeing this issue.

Return to “Tech Support”