pixelated/blurry pop up text and flashing when moving mouse

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pixelated/blurry pop up text and flashing when moving mouse

Post by 789456281 »

Having alot of trouble trying to read the pop-up windows to read clearly the text(white)it is blocky and hard to read.Also when I guide the mouse over various parts of the screen i get a momentary flash and then some blurriness.I have played with various resolutions I can with my monitor go as high 2560x1440 and have matched the game at this I still get the block/blurring lettering.I am running 2 gtx770's I have tried disabling SLI as well as running it in SLI.If anyone has any thoughts they would be greatly appreciated as I really want to get started on this fabulous game,thank you.
BBfanboy

RE: pixelated/blurry pop up text and flashing when moving mouse

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: 789456281

Having alot of trouble trying to read the pop-up windows to read clearly the text(white)it is blocky and hard to read.Also when I guide the mouse over various parts of the screen i get a momentary flash and then some blurriness.I have played with various resolutions I can with my monitor go as high 2560x1440 and have matched the game at this I still get the block/blurring lettering.I am running 2 gtx770's I have tried disabling SLI as well as running it in SLI.If anyone has any thoughts they would be greatly appreciated as I really want to get started on this fabulous game,thank you.
Read the thread on game being slow - it contains info on the switches that the game needs to connect with newer processors and newer versions of Windows.
Once you understand what the switches are for and how to type them into your game shortcut properties, you can experiment with what settings of resolution work for your system. If you find it too overwhelming, try the SeaBee Alpha utility offered in this forum to automate getting the switches set up.

If you are still having problems makes some screenshot .jpg files and post them here so forumites can help you. There could be some Windows settings around transparency of windows that need to be set as well.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

I haven't had any problems, and I'm really not familiar with the command line switches, but that's where you will find your resolution to these type of problems. You need to look in that thread.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Post by 789456281 »

Well thats the thing I did do the switch thing for instance I set it at my desktop resolution
@2560x1440 and it did got to 2560x1440 pretty small resolution with the lettering and all
but it is still pixelated where the white text is kinda of a blur readable but not clear text
and some kinda momentary flash/blur where the text gets a little fuzzy if you hover the mouse just right.
I put in seebees mod but it does not seem to be working at all.very frustrating.I have been working on getting a newer graphics but with all this dam data mining going on with these newer cards nowadays the price has not gone down that much and I am hesitant to buy someones hand-me down on ebays thats been running nonstop for the last year and a half F.U BITCOIN!
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

Try -AltFont in your switches, maybe that will help.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

Post by 789456281 »

Ok added altfont line line and it seems to be well better I guess.
My question is this-------> "F:\Matrix Games - AI\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -skipVideo -SingleCpuOrders -deepColor -f -px1280 -py960

1)what is-------------> -deepColor?
2)what is-------------> -f
3)what is-------------> -px1280 -py960

now for #3 I know what that is but....are #2 and #3 related?

Post by 789456281 »

this -------> "F:\Matrix Games - AI\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -skipVideo -SingleCpuOrders -deepColor -f -px1280 -py960

this is just an example I saw in another thread.

Post by 789456281 »

Thanks!
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

-f is for full screen mode as opposed to -w for windowed mode.

according to the documentation

-deepColor : Enables 32 bit color, intended for Full Screen mode

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Ok added altfont line line and it seems to be well better I guess.
My question is this-------> "F:\Matrix Games - AI\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -skipVideo -SingleCpuOrders -deepColor -f -px1280 -py960

1)what is-------------> -deepColor?
2)what is-------------> -f
3)what is-------------> -px1280 -py960

now for #3 I know what that is but....are #2 and #3 related?
When you have the SingleCpuOrders switch, you really should select a CPU number. Mine is -cpu3, because CPU1 is used by Windows and CPU2 is often used by anti-virus and other background programs.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post by 789456281 »

why does the screen flash when I click on a task force base etc...and when I move the mouse around in the box and have a collision with text inside said display I get a little flash.This is the heart of my problem any thoughts?
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

Have you tried installing the game using the Seebee app?

― Julia Child

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

For your flashing problem, see this thread: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4725274

It seems to be a problem with windows 10 and full screen display mode.

Post by 789456281 »

been playing around with it trying for instance to get it go to 800x600 but it will not do it it just defaults to 1920x1080 hell I do not even no if its working

Post by 789456281 »

well tried again to my desktop resolution @2560x1440...no soap it does not work say bye bye to seebee
I'll adjust this manually.Thanks silterine you should a put this on steam and let the pro's make it work
I feel like I've wasted 80$ definitely a lot time thou.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

been playing around with it trying for instance to get it go to 800x600 but it will not do it it just defaults to 1920x1080 hell I do not even no if its working

1920x1080 is most definitely not the default. If that is happening it is because you are not applying the new value correctly.

Alfred
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

Make sure that you use the dash "-" on the top row and not the minus "-" on a numeric keyboard.

― Julia Child

Post by 789456281 »

OK Babushka!

Post by 789456281 »

I DO NOT BELIEVE IT i GOT IT WORKING!.....YES! I want to thank all of you who took the time and effort to help me.It seems the direct draw command...-dd_sw was the problem not sure totally as I added other commands to the target line but I am pretty sure that is it.I'm gonna a be up late tonight.
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

That is good and bad for you. Now you will have sleepless nights worrying about your AE pixelated troops. [:D][:D]

― Julia Child

Return to “Tech Support”