Two questions about zones.

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

Rednettle

Two questions about zones.

Post by Rednettle »

Does a zone need a farm if there's plenty of food in another zone?

Is there a way to increase a specific zone's borders that is in you area of control?
pauls2271

RE: Two questions about zones.

Post by pauls2271 »

If your SHQ food supplies are positive, you don't need more farms - If you have "Allow Emergency Food" checked in your governors orders. Otherwise I think only the private economy farms will try to supply the populace in that zone.

Right Click and select Zone Borders to alter border areas between zones.
Daza99

Post by Daza99 »

ORIGINAL: pauls2271

If your SHQ food supplies are positive, you don't need more farms - If you have "Allow Emergency Food" checked in your governors orders. Otherwise I think only the private economy farms will try to supply the populace in that zone.

Thanks for tip. So setting your main capital city/SHQ to "Allow Emergency Food" means other newly established zones that are struggling for food will get some food shipped to them from the SHQ? I was assuming this would happen anyway regardless what setting. I had thought emergency food setting is mainly for the city itself- not outside of.

Also do you need to have food silos built in order to be able to have emergency food? or not really.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Each Individual zone must be set to allow emergency food.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Daza99

Post by Daza99 »

Okay. So if you have setup a new zone with a city that is low pop and low workers and struggling for food, will they get some food shipped from SHQ regardless? so long as it is connected to the logistic network to the SHQ of course.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

If your regular zones are allowed emergency rations I believe that a new zone you create will allow it too. Can't remember now but the last came I played all my new zones that I created had all my pay settings the same. Otherwise you must manually set it.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Rednettle

Post by Rednettle »

ORIGINAL: pauls2271

Thank you
Lovenought

Post by Lovenought »

Your workers and soldiers always get fed with state-owned food. Civilians have to produce/buy their own food privately. I'm not exactly sure where they buy it from. I know they buy from private farms inside the zone, and the first one they build is usually enough to cover their needs. But they must buy a little from the global market too, otherwise Food prices wouldn't equalise. Does anyone know more about this?

But anyway. If they can't find food to buy, they will starve unless a zone has "Emergency Food" ticked, which means the state will feed people (but only if they would have starved without it).

On the plus side though, people are much more eager to enlist as soldiers, colonists and workers if only government people have food! So maybe Emergency Food shouldn't always be on....

Return to “Shadow Empire”