Best settings for a world with plenty of cities?

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

Sarissofoi

Best settings for a world with plenty of cities?

Post by Sarissofoi »

Any way/best settings for planet with plenty of minors and more majors and plenty of cities?
LordAldrich

RE: Best settings for a world with plenty of cities?

Post by LordAldrich »

You need a high pre-apocalpse population, and for that water seems to be the most important thing. With a farmable atmosphere and 100-200 mm of rainfall I usually see populations between 10 and 100 million. But if you can get rainfall up above 1000 mm I've seen populations in the 1-3 billion range.

Note that this has other effects - the planet will be *covered* in ruins and because it was probably the quadrant capitol you'll be digging up TONS of GR grade military equipment. It basically makes exploring ruins more important than research.
Sarissofoi

Post by Sarissofoi »

Huh.
Not big fan of GR units or that teching up make your army really OP.
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

Some ideas:
1. Make it big
2. Make sure the rain is well distributed. 2000mm over 1/4 of the planet do not really help you. You need farmland.
3. High temperatures will avoid freezing on the poles, and also drive the rainfall.
Sarissofoi

Post by Sarissofoi »

WHat I am asking is there some settings that can be easily changed to increase amount of regimes on planet?
LordAldrich

Post by LordAldrich »

No, players have no direct control over the number or type of major / minor regimes. The closest you can get is "big planet with high population -> more regimes" and "small planet with low population -> fewer regimes".
scottrossi

Post by scottrossi »

here's what i've found is best:

Siwa
.4g+
20-40 degrees
as much rain as possible
10% plus water
no atmospheric or other hazards
reduced, good or full alien tissue
land or water life seems to make a difference in whether you get farmers or hunters

once you get that, it's based on the RNG when you're doing the colonization. these settings have generated over 60 zones on a small world for me, but more usually 30-40. the percentage of farmers vs. raiders vs. scavs will determine if it's an actual zone versus non-aligned territory or slavers. the bad thing is you won't know these totals until you get to the screen and you can't change it once it's there, you have to reroll everything.
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: Sarissofoi

WHat I am asking is there some settings that can be easily changed to increase amount of regimes on planet?
Wich is exactly the thing I wrote my answer for:
Some ideas:
1. Make it big
2. Make sure the rain is well distributed. 2000mm over 1/4 of the planet do not really help you. You need farmland.
3. High temperatures will avoid freezing on the poles, and also drive the rainfall.

Size gives plenty of room.
Well distributed railfall allows farming, minimizing apokalypse deathtoll and making sure more regimes are viable.
GodwinW

Post by GodwinW »

ORIGINAL: scottrossi

here's what i've found is best:

Siwa
.4g+
20-40 degrees
as much rain as possible
10% plus water
no atmospheric or other hazards
reduced, good or full alien tissue
land or water life seems to make a difference in whether you get farmers or hunters

For rain get high wind.
For high wind get > 24 hour rotation.

Return to “Shadow Empire”