I don't get "base design" any one does?

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

Vic

RE: I don't get "base design" any one does?

Post by Vic »

WeapDesign,ArmourDesign and EngineDesign are (BaseDesign/2)+4d20 and then modified for Structural Design. The Fire Power is modified for WD, The Engine power for ED and the Armour Strength fro AD.

If you make a new version of a Model, say MkII. It is possible that although BaseDesign has gone up due to Field Testing the random factor results in a roll for WD,AD or ED that is lower than that of MkI, in that case the MkI value is used because it is higher.

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Destragon

RE: I don't get "base design" any one does?

Post by Destragon »

ORIGINAL: Vic

If you make a new version of a Model, say MkII. It is possible that although BaseDesign has gone up due to Field Testing the random factor results in a roll for WD,AD or ED that is lower than that of MkI, in that case the MkI value is used because it is higher.
Hey Vic, I think you missed the question that Bookworm83 and I had.
The log is saying that the unit first generates a random new base design value (line 2 in the screenshot in the OP) then it uses this base design for engine, armor, weapon values (lines 20, 21, 22) and THEN it replaces the random base design with the actually field tested base design value (line 26).

The question is, is the log displaying this in the wrong order or is the game accidentally using the random base design value to generate engine, armor, weapon values instead of the field tested one?

Edit:
Oh hey, I just looked at the latest beta changelog and saw this on it:
-Fixed a Model stat calculation bug that was not properly reading the actual Base Design value resulting in too low Armour,Weapon and Engine Design scores.

So I guess this was bugged after all?

Return to “Shadow Empire”