Game anyone?

Hook up with worthy adversaries for PBEM and on-line play. Revel in your glorious victories and taunt wimpy losers.

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

stevemk1a

Game anyone?

Post by stevemk1a »

I've only got one H2Hfr game going, and would like another ... any takers? (C&C off, all else is negotiable :) ).
VikingNo2

Post by VikingNo2 »

Becareful, Willy has grown teeth:rolleyes:
RobW

Post by RobW »

PM sent Willy - set something up!!!!
Berserk

Post by Berserk »

willy,

If VikingNo2 says you're good - then you're good :D

Still I need proof. If not now then anytime you are ready I will be waiting. :p
VikingNo2

Post by VikingNo2 »

Berserk vs Willy will be fun to read:D
stevemk1a

Post by stevemk1a »

Hi Berserk! ... My email is lokken@shaw.ca . let me know what kind of game you would like, my only request is C&C off. Any slot but 4 or 5. ... and despite Vik's endorsement, I still reserve the right to suck...
stevemk1a

I'm back online ... so

Post by stevemk1a »

Berserk - where are you hidin' at ? :D the challenge remains unanswered !!
Wombat63

I'm on

Post by Wombat63 »

Hey Willie
I'm for it any pos but 3 , I will take whatever you throw at us.
E-mail is wombat63@iprimus.com.au

Also if you want online Im at buddbarron@hotmail.com for msn chat or icq 278374651.
Ta
Wombat
Wombat eats roots shoots and leaves much like a soldier when you think about it!!
stevemk1a

Post by stevemk1a »

Hi Wombat63 ... email is sent! :D
tiggwigg

Post by tiggwigg »

Are you still interested in another battle...I usually play russia myself since most others prefer germany.

I am experienced, though not so much in H2H Fr. I play CC on and prefer 10% artillery. I like small meetings (1200-2000 points on a medium map usually with a theme (a company mandatory and only recon armour permitted, for exmaple) or larger battles of up to 5000 points depending on period...anything bigger and I fall asleep matching the slow artillery on video replay.

Let me know what your preferences are...my email is in my profile...Cheers
stevemk1a

and now, for something completely different

Post by stevemk1a »

Hello Tiggwigg ... I'm afraid I don't do CC, but If you would like a game, I've been toying with the idea of a France vs Italy game set in 1940 depicting the Italian 'stab in the back' invasion of Southern France. To make it interesting, we could make it a meeting engagement between two mobile formations ... 2k would be good, I don't want too many monster games :eek: ... I want to try a change from the old late war GER vs US/SU/UK thing. So if you have any other suggestions lemme know ... my email appears earlier in the thread :)
Berserk

Post by Berserk »

Sorry willy,

I am defenitely NOT hiding !!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :D

For some obscure reason there has been a period where i did not receie e-mail notification, and therefore lost track of the thread.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So if you havent got other plans I'm ready to let you feel my wrath! :p :p :p :p
stevemk1a

I await your Wrath!

Post by stevemk1a »

Hello, Berserk ... go ahead and set something up (any slot but 4,5, or 6) ... and lemme know your prefs (I'll play any side or time period) and email it to me :D :D :D
tiggwigg

Post by tiggwigg »

Who do you want to play France or Italy...Your suggestions sound good...I have been playing a number of France 1940 battles lately, and this will be a nice variation...Italy would be particularly challenging given the poor quality of their armour compared to Somuas and Char B's

Both France and Italy receive substantial discounts with true troop cost ON, making total points around 2500 points...that still OK.

I find that playing with CC only benefits my game...makes playing with CC off all too easy...like every unit is recon, able to jump in and out of danger at will.
stevemk1a

Post by stevemk1a »

Well, I'll ('gulp') try Italy ... you're right about the armour though, Italians don't get a half-decent tank until the M13/40 in May of '41. If you'd like to set one up, go ahead, or let me know and I'll set it up. Italy vs France in '40 results in a random desert map, so we may have to use a custom one :cool: Sorry about the C&C, I haven't gotten around to learning it yet :(
tiggwigg

Post by tiggwigg »

For the benefit of the game, we'll assume that all those nasty Somuas and CharB's are up north where the action really is, and all you have to deal with are french light tanks and AMC's

I'll set it up with a custom map...I'll adjust the start line so that those centre hexes are a long way off for both of us...but not quite as far for you...
stevemk1a

Ital. invasion June '40

Post by stevemk1a »

Tiggwigg, I just did a quick websearch on the Italian invasion of France, and it would seem to be largely an infantry affair ... the battles were mostly fought in the Alps with the French 'Alpine army' consisting of the 64th, 65th, and 65B reserve divs. vs. about 19 Italian divisions - the only large armoured formations on the Italian side were two regiments in the 'Celere' group(consisting of one tank regiment and one Bersaglieri regiment). In view of this I guess we need a 'hilly' map and Alpine troops :cool: ! Should be neat ... many French positions held out against high odds, even while the Germans were driving down the Rhone valley and threatening their supply lines :eek:

(Gets me out of facing CharB's and Soumas too .... he he he ;) )
tiggwigg

Post by tiggwigg »

Then the French will be predominantly reserve infantry with some emplacements...plus some stiffening backbone and support to surprise you...I'll leave the Italians up to you
tiggwigg

Post by tiggwigg »

Willy

Would you shoot me an email using profiles to give me your email address...I have created the battle and it is ready to send...mountainous Scilian map by Wild Bill...lots of places for infantry to hide.

My email addressis tiggwigg@ozemail.com.au

To we exclude reinforcements, or make them optional?

Return to “SP:WaW Opponents Wanted”