Some rookie questions, assistance much appreciated

Armored Brigade is a real-time tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability
$trummer

Some rookie questions, assistance much appreciated

Post by $trummer »

I am embracing this game with much enthusiasm but...I have questions. Can any of you vets help me with any of these, please?

- I cannot march my platoon of Finnish IFVs across a bridge in the Finland map, no way, no how. Now, I set the river to fordable so maybe that's why they refused to cross the bridge in "March" formation. The only way I could get them across was to have them ford the river, which was too slow.

- Can I place infantry in buildings -- it appears I can -- but can they fire out of said buildings with improved cover and good LOS?

- What is the optimal location for AAA and AD units? In the open, with forestry a no-no?

- Can mortar units adjust fire and how can I monitor their remaining ammo stocks? These are on-battlefield mortars, not off-map artillery.

Much obliged, gents, thanks.
Veitikka

RE: Some rookie questions, assistance much appreciated

Post by Veitikka »

ORIGINAL: $trummer

- I cannot march my platoon of Finnish IFVs across a bridge in the Finland map, no way, no how. Now, I set the river to fordable so maybe that's why they refused to cross the bridge in "March" formation. The only way I could get them across was to have them ford the river, which was too slow.

Can you post a screenshot of this situation? Any unit refuses to go to the bridge?

- Can I place infantry in buildings -- it appears I can -- but can they fire out of said buildings with improved cover and good LOS?

Yes they can. The cell where the spotter/target is doesn't affect the LOS.

- What is the optimal location for AAA and AD units? In the open, with forestry a no-no?

That can be a complex issue, but I think usually there should be plenty of open space around the unit, perhaps on high ground, but hidden from the enemy ground units (behind hills, buildings etc.).

- Can mortar units adjust fire and how can I monitor their remaining ammo stocks? These are on-battlefield mortars, not off-map artillery.

You have to give them a new target to adjust fire, and the timer will reset. When you select the individual mortar then you see the ammo count.
Know thyself!
$trummer

Post by $trummer »

Many thanks for your help and congratulations on a very fine game.

As it happens, I do have a screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkeo7hnopcjfc ... e.jpg?dl=0

None of the vehicles in the bottom left-hand corner would go over the bridge, whether I tried to give them orders as a unit, smaller sub-units or even as individual vehicles. I used "March".
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

If the bridge is passable, I don't know why individual units would not go to it when ordered. In the screenshot the line formation is used, so many vehicles in the large company will be far away from the bridge when they try to maintain the formation shape. When switching to the march formation it can get messy when the units reorganize, but after they're aligned they should follow roads and bridges.
Know thyself!
$trummer

Post by $trummer »

Thank you. I am going to make a quick battle tomorrow and now that I have more experience with the game and more fluency with the systems and controls, I'm hoping I can make an orderly vehicular bridge-crossing work!

Return to “Armored Brigade”