Should I buy Strategic Command: World War I or Strategic Command WWII: World at War?

Strategic Command is back, and this time it is bringing you the Great War!

Moderator: MOD_Strategic_Command_3

Javidor

Should I buy Strategic Command: World War I or Strategic Command WWII: World at War?

Post by Javidor »

I am open to either title but prefer the WWII one. Since the World War I game is newer, by a year, does it have a better AI engine and more quality of life improvements over WWII? If I buy the older WWII title, am I missing out on any game enhancements and improvements that the newer title might have?
FOARP

RE: Should I buy Strategic Command: World War I or Strategic Command WWII: World at War?

Post by FOARP »

whynotboth?.gif

There's even a bundle that gives you money off on buying all three.

But basically its the same engine for all three with some relatively cosmetic differences in terms of rules, units, and of course different scenarios. The WW1 game is obviously a WW1 game and does feature more in the way of entrenchment but really its more my thing as I've played WW2 to death.
American Front: a Work-in-progress CSA v USA Turtledove mod for SC:WW1 can be seen here.
stormbringer3

RE: Should I buy Strategic Command: World War I or Strategic Command WWII: World at War?

Post by stormbringer3 »

The bundle is definitely worth it. That's what I bought and I really like all three.
Javidor

Post by Javidor »

ORIGINAL: FOARP

whynotboth?.gif

There's even a bundle that gives you money off on buying all three.

But basically its the same engine for all three with some relatively cosmetic differences in terms of rules, units, and of course different scenarios. The WW1 game is obviously a WW1 game and does feature more in the way of entrenchment but really its more my thing as I've played WW2 to death.
Thanks! I will probably buy the bundle!
Javidor

Post by Javidor »

ORIGINAL: stormbringer3

The bundle is definitely worth it. That's what I bought and I really like all three.
I will probably buy the bundle when it is on sale again! Thanks!
FOARP

Post by FOARP »

Just remember that discounts can be combined, I used by big 7th anniversary discount in combination with with bundle and got it for quite a bit off, could have got even more off if I had done it at the same time as e.g., the Christmas sale.
American Front: a Work-in-progress CSA v USA Turtledove mod for SC:WW1 can be seen here.

Return to “Strategic Command: World War I”