1969 or 1971 Stars and Stripes Pic?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

AbsntMndedProf

1969 or 1971 Stars and Stripes Pic?

Post by AbsntMndedProf »

I recall that in the Summer of either 1969 or 1871, the following picture was published in the Stars and Stripes newpaper in Germany. It showed an M60? parked on top of a car. The picture and attending article were intended to warn motorists around the base in Heidelburg not to stop short in front of tanks on maneuvers on area roads, as the breaks on tanks/AFVs don't exactly stop them on a dime. Does anyone else recall this photo, or know where I might access a copy of it? Thanks!

Eric Maietta
Jim1954

Post by Jim1954 »

I imagine you could find it at this link, but it won't be free unless you use that library option in # IV.

Last resort if you really have to have it, I guess.

http://www.stripes.com/01/research1.html

When I lived overseas, getting that paper was the highlight of the day.

:D
Jim1954
KMC/T
AbsntMndedProf

Post by AbsntMndedProf »

I remember that, in the Summer of 1969 when my Dad was teaching in heidelberg , when I was 9, when we got the daily Stars and Stripes the first thing I wanted to see was the Steve Canyon and Mike Nomad comic strip and Beetle Bailey. :)

Yes, $50.00 does seem kind of steep. Especially when the search is only for one specified month!:eek:
Eric Maietta
Jim1954

Post by Jim1954 »

Look down in section IV. It said something about using your local library to get and view microfilm or something like that.
Jim1954
KMC/T

Return to “General Discussion”