Divisional HQ

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Spanno

Divisional HQ

Post by Spanno »

Hello, I was wondering how to activate this divisional HQ, I'm planning to spend my political points moving this to Rangoon to help with Burma's defence. I have attached a picture. I checked the Australian reinforcement schedule under HQs and this is not included.

Attachments
Aus2ndDivision.jpg
Aus2ndDivision.jpg (190.25 KiB) Viewed 141 times
The end.
Mundy

RE: Divisional HQ

Post by Mundy »

You have one unit waiting to unpack. Once they're all in the same packing state, you can combine them.

They also have to be in the same location.
Spanno

Post by Spanno »

ORIGINAL: Mundy

You have one unit waiting to unpack. Once they're all in the same packing state, you can combine them.

They also have to be in the same location.

Thanks for the help [:)]
The end.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Note that you will need over 2K PP to buy out the division. It is usually best to buy out the individual Regiments/Brigades before combining because when they combine to for a division, more devices (usually guns) are added and you have to pay additional PP because of that. If they are bought out beforehand, the total cost in PP is less (BUT - make sure you buy them all out to the same Unrestricted HQ! Best to pick a Corps HQ that is under SWPAC HQ, even if it hasn't arrived yet.)

Also note the leaders of each Regiment/Brigade. When they combine, the one with the highest RANK will become Division leader. Some of the higher rank Generals are absolute duds - suitable for rear area duties only. If that is the case for your prospective leader, buy a really good leader of higher rank (or the same rank if that is the guy you are replacing) for one of the units. It is usually less expensive to buy a Regimental/Brigade leader than to replace a Divisional leader.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “The War Room”