Yamamoto as KB Commander

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

guctony

Yamamoto as KB Commander

Post by guctony »

Has anyone Remove Yamamoto from Combined Fleet and assigned to KB. It seems it is perfectly doable.
"Unless a nation's life faces peril, war is murder."
"Sovereignty is not given, it is taken."
"After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."
Mustafa Kemal
Ian R

RE: Yamamoto as KB Commander

Post by Ian R »

Do you mean editing a scenario so he is a type 04- Task force, instead of a type 01- HQ leader?
"I am Alfred"
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: guctony

Has anyone Remove Yamamoto from Combined Fleet and assigned to KB. It seems it is perfectly doable.

it is doable but IIRC there are at least three other commanders betters suited than Yamamoto
Mundy

Post by Mundy »

I would imagine Yamaguchi being one.
guctony

Post by guctony »

ORIGINAL: Ian R

Do you mean editing a scenario so he is a type 04- Task force, instead of a type 01- HQ leader?

I dont know it is specific to my Iron Man Scenario but because I was curious I tried to remove Yamamoto from office to try to assign as a TF commander. It works I can assign as Commander.

It air value is not great but combined with Navy it might better execute surprise maybe.
"Unless a nation's life faces peril, war is murder."
"Sovereignty is not given, it is taken."
"After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."
Mustafa Kemal
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Mundy

I would imagine Yamaguchi being one.

He's the tippy top best.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Historically Yamaguchi's suggestions and decisions at Midway were very bad.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Ian R

Post by Ian R »

ORIGINAL: guctony

ORIGINAL: Ian R

I dont know it is specific to my Iron Man Scenario but because I was curious I tried to remove Yamamoto from office to try to assign as a TF commander. It works I can assign as Commander.

It air value is not great but combined with Navy it might better execute surprise maybe.

It is possible that if the scenario author both

- made him a class 04 (TF) leader; and

- assigned to an HQ slot in the scenario setup; that

he can be taken away from HQ and be assigned to a TF command.

However, he will not be able to be assigned back to the HQ.

There are a couple of USN carrier TF admirals who initially arrive in carrier captain's berths - Mitscher, Ted Sherman,\. And and possibly one other that I have forgotten.
"I am Alfred"
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

It´s 6/43 and he became available as a TF commander - I was pleased to see that: Not sure if I changed him from another command at all. He got command of a surface fleet tho it seems his stats are better for that..

Edit, SCEN 2 vanilla no mod
Ian R

Post by Ian R »

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

It´s 6/43 and he became available as a TF commander - I was pleased to see that: Not sure if I changed him from another command at all. He got command of a surface fleet tho it seems his stats are better for that..

Which scenario/mod?
"I am Alfred"
Ian R

Post by Ian R »

The reason I ask the question in the previous post is that I have looked in the editor and there is no TF commander named Yamamoto (Isoroku or anyone else) who appears in 1943.

In stock scenario 1 -

There are 17 leaders named Yamamoto. Relevantly, there is one Admiral Yamamoto, Isoroku and he is nation 02 (IJN) and type 01 (HQ). he should not, in the ordinary course of events, be available for TF command at any time. (Leader slot 6817.)

There is also a Rear Admiral Chikao Yamamoto, who is also an IJN HQ admiral. (Leader slot 6818.)

There is a vice admiral named "Yamamoto, K.", also an HQ leader, with a delay of 9999. So he may appear in an HQ that turns up (if so assigned in the scenario) or not at all. (Leader slot 6819.)

Then there is Yamamoto, R. He is a ship's captain. He could be a surface TF leader by default in that berth. (Naval - 69/air -24) However, he is available 411206, not 1943. (Leader slot 6820.)

There is a Yamamoto, I., who is a Commander and an 05 ship captain (smaller ship). (Leader slot 6821.)

Yamamoto, S., is an air unit leader (Leader slot 6822). He has a non-identical twin brother (slightly different ratings). (Leader slot 6823.)

Finally, there is a Yamamoto, Hideo, a ship's captain type 05 rank LCmdr (leader slot 6589.)

I also searched 'Isoroku' in case there was a TF commander with the name listed cart before horse. No result.
"I am Alfred"
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

See my edit above: Edit, SCEN 2 vanilla no mod

I can make a screenshot of him when I get the turn...I believe he was/is(?) or he can be both (?) ceo of the combfleet HQ..

....btw. A tip for the IJ players there is a naval HQ which is also marked a command HQ which gives you some upgrade function in range of it (5 normal range, means 10 range for toe upgrades). eg. in 6/43 the 25mm for IJN air support units.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

USN and IJN nationality leaders who are a type 01 leader (ie an HQ leader) can also be assigned by a player to command a TF, a role normally only available for player selection, to a type 04 leader.  No fiddling with the editor is required in this instance.

Alfred
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

So here are his stats, also I put another guy in charge of combfleet HQ so Yama became available for frontline use..

Attachments
yama.jpg
yama.jpg (52.04 KiB) Viewed 154 times
Mundy

Post by Mundy »

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

That time. Everything was falling to pieces around him and he was thinking more with his gut than his head.

Any other time and situation, I think he would be fine.
RADM.Yamaguchi

Post by RADM.Yamaguchi »

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

So here are his stats, also I put another guy in charge of combfleet HQ so Yama became available for frontline use..

Alpha - thanks for the info. I just changed out combined fleet HQ leader and now Yamamoto is available as a TF commander for me too.

Of course you can probably tell i'm a little torn between Yamamoto and Yamaguchi[;)]
RADM.Yamaguchi

Post by RADM.Yamaguchi »

6th Fleet and 8th Fleet HQ leaders are also excellent potential TF commanders Nav>70 Agg>60. I switched them out too.

oh, and 5th fleet too. 68 nav and 81 aggression
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

Costs 30 PPs tho - I exchanged one of them, guess there will be a delay untill he can be used as TF ceo...however the IJN has a pretty ok selection of SF and CV fleet commanders anyway. They lack however leaders for small ASW/E TFs / ships.
Ian R

Post by Ian R »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

USN and IJN nationality leaders who are a type 01 leader (ie an HQ leader) can also be assigned by a player to command a TF, a role normally only available for player selection, to a type 04 leader.  No fiddling with the editor is required in this instance.

Alfred

Ah, another undocumented feature.
"I am Alfred"
Dili

Post by Dili »

ORIGINAL: Mundy
ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

That time. Everything was falling to pieces around him and he was thinking more with his gut than his head.

Any other time and situation, I think he would be fine.

I don't think so. His issues at Midway were very deep, i don't think they could be excluded from other missions.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”