Creating backup disk

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
Randy

Creating backup disk

Post by Randy »

I want to make a back up disk for SPMBT, and can I burn a disk straight from a down load/internet, or do I first have to download it, put it in a file, and then burn the copy from a file? Since I've never made a cd before, I'll probably have more questions. Thanks
Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear
Voriax

Post by Voriax »

Definitely download it first and burn from your hard disk. I guess it is technically possible to burn directly from d/l but you need only a short net.burp and your cd will be ruined.

I'd suggest you try Google with keywords like 'cd burning tutorial', I'm sure there are good instructions around. And some burner programs have 'wizards' that direct you step by step through the whole process.

Voriax
Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

if you have windows xp it is fairly easy, i dont remember anymore on 98 or me. basically when you download it asks you first what to do. you click the save button. it then asks where. i have saved to desktop so its easy to find, right on the screen, or my received files in my documents. afterwards you can right click on the icon or folder, from the menu chose send to >. it will show you a menu of choices, pick your cd drive. hope this is what you wanted to know.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Randy

Post by Randy »

Thanks guys. I'll be trying this soon so the your information will be very helpful. Thanks
Semper Fi
Randy

junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

btw if u have win xp, spmbt or spww2 doesnt work out of the box, they are dos based for older machines
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Randy

Post by Randy »

For those of you who have windows xp, do you have two computers so you can run the older stuff (SPMBT), and a newer one for games such as CL? This does pose a dilemma. Thanks
Semper Fi
Randy

Voriax

Post by Voriax »

Well, i have managed to run several old games on win XP, but often the problem is that the old games run too fast... I do have an old 486-DX100 for retro games..XCom being current favourite :)

Voriax
Randy

Post by Randy »

Voriax, so its not uncommon for some gamers to have two computers in order to run old and new games?
Semper Fi
Randy

Voriax

Post by Voriax »

I know several persons who run a 'retro computer'..but then, perhaps I just know a lot of weird people? ;)

Voriax

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”