Replacement Pools

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Heeward

Replacement Pools

Post by Heeward »

Will there be replacement pools for aircraft and land unit equipment in the game like WIP &UV?

The big REPLACEMENT ferry waves her wand over the supplied base / headquarters and viola new aircraft arrive direct for the homeland reserve fields and new troops and equipment are miraculously appear near the front without. Or will we have to ship them across the vast Pacific Ocean to depots and then to fronts / theater headquarters.

Also will replacements be generic for the allies or will we have different pools for New Zealand, US Army, US Marines, Australia, Nationalist China, Communist China Untied Kingdom, India, Dutch, Philippines and all the others. Yes I do understand this may the allied side more fragile, but it would be historic.
The Wake
mogami

replacments

Post by mogami »

Hi, I think the designers have explained this in another thread.
But I'll do the quick version.

Replacments exist in a pool (both land and air)

When airunit needs a replacment it is sent from it's parent HQ (if unit is in range of HQ)(Supply equal to cost of aircraft is expended and plane transfered if supply at HQ exceeds 2x required)

When LCU needs a replacement it will be sent if unit is in range of parent HQ
when supply arrives near parent HQ and supply at base is over 2x what is needed. The item exists in the pool. A percentage of excess new supply converts (based on load value of item to be replaced) and is added to LCU.
This abstracts
The need for replacments to use cargo space.
Their value in supply (their price) (The supply for the items production is not actually expended untill it is issued)(This way the load space and supply cost can both be accounted for)

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”