Version 1.17.00 is out

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Daniele

Version 1.17.00 is out

Post by Daniele »

Strategic Command WWII War in Europe has been updated to version 1.17.00

Get the update from here

v1.17.00 Chagelog

GAME ENGINE CHANGES/FIXES
- Fixed an AI air unit attack error that allowed AI units to fly over neutral territory for attacks (greyshaft).
- Fixed a max UNIT reinforcement error for when available MPPs would give you less than the maximum amount of reinforcement a unit could otherwise have (Mithrilotter).
- Fixed an experience loss reporting error for the UNIT REINFORCEMENT screen when unit experience = 0.
- Fixed a unit attrition reporting error for non visible (hidden) enemy units.
- Fixed a convoy raiding error that did not have non submarine raiders gain experience unless they were directly on the convoy line (Gilles).
- Fixed an issue where AI subs were not switching to Hunt mode when on convoy lines (Mithrilotter).
- Fixed an Amphibious Transport research display level for Free units where the correct level was not being shown (Gilles).
- Fixed a Maritime Bomber FoW sight error that was still lifting too much of the FoW shroud (HvS).
- Fixed a rare unit LOOP event error that did not have units arrive at their final destination positions when they should have (pjg100).
- Fixed a rare UNIT event issue that would not properly place all units in the desired destination positions (witpaemail).
- Fixed an AI Research and Diplomacy spent MPPs reporting error in the Graphs section under Reports (Taxman66).
- Fixed a last turn message error that did not properly show messages such as when a capital has been moved.
- Fixed an AI experience bonus error that was applying AI experience bonuses to units only during the AI turn.
- Fixed an error where Kamikaze units would not be destroyed if they attacked a submarine and the sub dove (sschnar1).
- Fixed an error where recently placed understrength units by the AI, either by UNIT events or from the Production Queue were restrengthening when they shouldn't have (gdpsnake1979).
- Fixed an issue where customized MOD campaign images found within the SELECT CAMPAIGN screen were no longer displaying (IronX).
- Fixed a PURCHASE screen error that hung when there was a list of unit names in excess of 127 names (Michael WIldner).
- Fixed an issue where re-loading from an autosave would not bring up again any applicable beginning of turn decision events (stormbringer3).
- Fixed a SURRENDER_2 event firing issue, was not firing in some cases, that was linked to dummy DECISION event.
- Fixed a custom campaign strategy guide launch error (El Condoro).
- Added a map scroll speed adjustment bar in the SETTINGS screen.
- Attacks against Ports will now target the port first and then any Transport unit located within the port with a 100% chance of potentially damaging the Transport. Previously these attacks would only attack a Transport within a port.
- Port blockades can now only occur if the blockading unit has a supply value > 0. Transports can no longer blockade a port (Helsingor).
- HQ auto and assist attachments will now prioritize stronger units when possible (Tanaka).
- HQ highlights for assist and manual modes will now show green for attached, red for attached to another HQ, and blue for unattached for all applicable units that are within the attachable range (ArtDen, budd).
- Improved the handling of New Units placements where it will refocus the game map appropriately on the available placement locations (dhucul2011).
- Optimized the display of unit Supply values on the map (uneducated).
- Surprise enemy contacts where the defender is favoured will no longer apply the +/- 1 to combat in order to guarantee the predicted result for the defender (Markiss)
- Amphibious Transports can no longer unload on the same turn they were loaded onto an Amphibious Transport.
- Source HQs of a supply boost to another HQ are now highlighted with a yellow hex outline, indicating they are the source of the supply boost, when clicking on the recipient HQ (Taxman66).
- Source HQs of a supply boost to another HQ now only need to have a supply value > 0 in order to provide a boost, previously it was 3.
- Right clicking a unit will highlight its movement range and allow you to quickly change a unit mode (such as for subs) with the movement range automatically updated and the unit already selected for movement.
- Pressing the Pause/Break key on your keyboard now also pauses AI replays.
- Map will now center on a "Surprise Enemy Contact!" on a player turn (ivanov).
- AI artillery, if it is set to fire before other land unit attacks, they will now fire more consistently instead of allowing land attacks first before firing (Mountaineer).

1939 Campaign
- Norway’s starting mobilization level increased from 0% to 25% Axis so that Allied raiding of the convoy could render German diplomatic activity a more fruitful way of gaining Norway, rendering an invasion unnecessary (Tanaka).
- Surrender_2 scripts for the German invasion of Norway amended so that the exact turn in which Norway will surrender cannot be known by the Allied player (smckechnie).

1939 and 1940 Campaigns
- First potential date for the Winter events in the USSR brought forward from 1st December 1941 to 1st December 1939.
- DE 301 = NO now delivers the US aircraft straight away rather than not until the US has entered the war (sschnar1).
- Dummy DE 677 added to trigger Vichy French Partisans, to ensure that liberation events only occur if Vichy France has surrendered to the Axis, so there will be no pro-Axis Vichy French Partisans (dhucul2011).

1939, 1940 and 1941 Campaigns
- The Italian National Morale penalty for when Allied forces land in southern Italy will now only fire once the US has joined the Allies (Scott Martin; Markiss).
- The trigger % for the Siberians has been increased from 40% in every turn that they could transfer, to 55% (The Land).

1942; 1943 and 1944 Campaigns
- The USSR now starts with Level 1 Spying & Intelligence (Mithrilotter).

1943 Campaign
- The USSR now starts with Level 3 Anti-Tanks (Mithrilotter).

All Campaigns
- Reduced the land spotting of all surface combat vessels and regular Transports from 1 to 0 (Markiss).
- SUPPLY scripts’ explanatory text updated to include that triggering units must now have a strength of at least 5 for the scripts to fire.
- All convoys to the British government in exile in Canada now arrive at Yarmouth Port rather than Halifax Port (Gilber).
- The trigger % for Romania switching sides has been increased from 50% to 75% per turn that the trigger is satisfied (dhucul2011) and it will now fire if other Allied units are present, they no longer have to necessarily be Soviet (Mithrilotter).
- The trigger % for Bulgaria switching sides has been increased from 25% to 50% per turn that the trigger is satisfied (dhucul2011).
- Italy losing Milan will now reduce Italian National Morale by 7,500 points rather than 5,000.
borsook79

RE: Version 1.17.00 is out

Post by borsook79 »

Can the Pause/Break function be mapped to a different key? I use a small wireless keyboard that just doesn't have that key, I imagine some laptop users are in the same boat.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
PvtBenjamin

Post by PvtBenjamin »

Good improvements to HQs
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

ORIGINAL: borsook79
Can the Pause/Break function be mapped to a different key? I use a small wireless keyboard that just doesn't have that key, I imagine some laptop users are in the same boat.

Not at the moment, but you might be able to re-map a specific key under Windows 10 to achieve the same thing. I guess the catch is in setting a key that you don't normally use for other things which might be tricky.

Here is one article that talks about adjusting keyboard layouts, I didn't read it in full detail but it might have a hint on how change a single key as desired (possibly):

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-chan ... windows-10
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Not at the moment, but you might be able to re-map a specific key under Windows 10 to achieve the same thing. I guess the catch is in setting a key that you don't normally use for other things which might be tricky.

Here is one article that talks about adjusting keyboard layouts, I didn't read it in full detail but it might have a hint on how change a single key as desired (possibly):

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-chan ... windows-10
Thanks, I will look into this... and please if possible, bear in mind, no longer does everyone have a full keyboard. :) Something like "P" or e.g. "ALT+P" would be so much better.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: Daniele
- Fixed an AI experience bonus error that was applying AI experience bonuses to units only during the AI turn.

I can't stress enough what a game changer this is, already very much enjoying a tougher game vs my AI opponent.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

David Hansen

Post by David Hansen »

Was a change to the AI "protecting/guarding" HQ and air units included?
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: crispy131313
ORIGINAL: Daniele
I can't stress enough what a game changer this is, already very much enjoying a tougher game vs my AI opponent.

+1

Good update!
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

+1

My keyboard also does not have this key
Former AJE team member
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

ORIGINAL: David Hansen

Was a change to the AI "protecting/guarding" HQ and air units included?

The improvements are included, yes.
David Hansen

Post by David Hansen »

HC-TXS!
James Taylor

Post by James Taylor »

And what about 1.17.01 with the LRAT fix and for W@W also?
SeaMonkey
JoeyBlau

Post by JoeyBlau »

I get to the splash screen with the plane and the tank and then it just sits there..

at first I got a screen resolution error. it was on the middle selection and I changed it to the bottom.

now I get this screen and no further.
JoeyBlau

Post by JoeyBlau »

I did a reboot but same thing. I am going to leave the screen up for a white. task manager shows .3% cpu
Captjohn757

Post by Captjohn757 »

There are a number of lesser named commanders incorporated in SC World at War, but nothing (no one) of the likes of Halsey, Nimitz, Yamamoto, Doenitz or Cunningham. Any plan to give sway to these important leaders, or continue with the same old abstract format that is all things naval?
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

ORIGINAL: James Taylor

And what about 1.17.01 with the LRAT fix and for W@W also?

This one is in the queue as well for hopefully soon.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

ORIGINAL: JoeyBlau

I did a reboot but same thing. I am going to leave the screen up for a white. task manager shows .3% cpu

Very odd, I would perhaps suggest trying to edit your resolution settings to the following to see if resetting them will help. The SC3.ini file can typically be found here:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War in Europe

Then open the SC3.ini file and change the following lines to this:

#ORIGINAL_SCREEN_WIDTH= 0
#ORIGINAL_SCREEN_HEIGHT= 0
#WINDOW_WIDTH= 0
#WINDOW_HEIGHT= 0

Save the file, close it, and then relaunch the game to see if this helps,
Hubert
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

- Fixed an error where Kamikaze units would not be destroyed if they attacked a submarine and the sub dove (sschnar1).

Isn't this for SC-WaW?

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

ORIGINAL: Christolos

Isn't this for SC-WaW?

C

In practice yes, but any engine fixes like this are generally implemented across the board just in case.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”