Loading troops

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

caine

Loading troops

Post by caine »

When loading troops into transports, it would be useful to show in the screen where you can select troops to load:
-Number of selected units to load
-Show with an asterisk or something like that units that are being loaded into another task force
Fred98

Re: Loading troops

Post by Fred98 »

Originally posted by caine

-Show with an asterisk or something like that units that are being loaded into another task force

Yes, this is sorely needed
AmiralLaurent

Post by AmiralLaurent »

Hey, have you done your military service ?

If a soldier stops working everytime he receives an impossible order (OK, loads those 150 men in this jeep) or two orders at the same time, you lose the war.

Errors like that are and were done. But I agree it's the staff that should see and correct them. And the puter is our staff (of, my god...).
Mr.Frag

Post by Mr.Frag »

What would be even nicer is an ETA shown beside the unit as it gets loaded (factoring port size in) so you'd not only know it was being loaded, but also when it would be completed. ;)
caine

Post by caine »

Yes, that would be nice, perhaps in the task force screen, when you have selected all.Having it as a guide.
Anyway, the fact that you cannot correct in the same turn the loading orders is very annoying.I think that actual loading does not begin when you click, but when you finish your turn and begin the execution phase.If not, as it is now, you have to expend a lot of time reviewing your toops, which are being loaded and copy it in a separate piece of paper!

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”