Submitted Scenarios

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

Paullus

RE: Submitted Scenarios

Post by Paullus »

Hey Hailstone. Nice scenarios. [:)]
The Biscke Brawl scenario should have Coastal Fortress ID BK 2.3. It was also published by Critical Hit with the ID CH166.

Cheers
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

ORIGINAL: Paullus

Hey Hailstone. Nice scenarios. [:)]
The Biscke Brawl scenario should have Coastal Fortress ID BK 2.3. It was also published by Critical Hit with the ID CH166.

Cheers

Paullus, I am going by the scenario sheet that was very kindly provided to me by Raybert1123. No problem with me to correct as you
see it. The thing is that rarely is a scenario I've ported over follows the scenario designer. Due to limitations in TotH I come up with
creative means to follow the scenarios. You could say the scenarios I port over might be the next version. Sir, it's all good. I just
want to have fun. [:)]
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Please continue to serv us those nicely ported scenarios that I and many others like and downloads. [:)] I was just thinking of those ASLers that are around and plays these sceanrios that sometimes wants to find the ASL version. [;)]
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

Any chance of a Hailstone 'bundle' to be included in the opening post?

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit".
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

If anybody would put the boundle together I would include it in the top post [:)]
Raybert1123

Post by Raybert1123 »

Hailstone Bundle?
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

A bundle of hailstones is best served cold...

Himmler's House

Berlin, Germany, April 29, 1945: Despite the defenders' heavy fire, assault groups from the first
battalions of the 756th and 380th Infantry Regiments of the 150th Division succeeded in crossing
the Moltke Bridge during the night and established a bridgehead in the building on the corner of
Kronprinzen Avenue. Before launching the assault of the Reichstag, a number of strong points were
to be cleared: Kroll Opera, Alsenstrasse buildings and particularly the Department of Domestic Affairs
building, otherwise called Himmler's House. This last building has been completely fortified and its
defenders still had the Moltke Bridge under fire, preventing reinforcements from crossing it. General
Peveretkine ordered the seizing of the position. The attack began around 0700 after a 10-minute
artillery preparation.

Game Length: 5 turns

For the Russians to win they must take total control of Himmler's House
For the Germans to win they must defend Himmler's House against the Russian assault

Russians: Squads, HMG, MMG, LMG's FT's, DC's, ART, AFV
Germans: Squads, HMG, MMG, LMG, AA Gun

Boards: #6, #23

Aftermath: The Russian assault troops quickly entered the Domestic Affairs building but the clearing
of the building was another matter. Fanatical, the German defenders resisted resolutely, giving
ground room by room only after bloody close combats. The battle raged the whole day and only the
night time arrival of Russian reinforcements could break the German resistance. The building was finally
controlled by the Russians on April 30th, around 0430. At the same time, small units from the 525th
Regiment pushed up to the Alsenstrasse. The Final assualt could start.

Source: Tactiques Magazine translated by Coastal Fortress, TAC73 Himmler's House designed by Jean-Luc Bechennec

Attachments
HimmlersHouse.zip
(23.8 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Well, here's a bundle of that Hailstone guy...

Attachments
HailstonesBundle.zip
(2.14 MiB) Downloaded 299 times
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

[:D]
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

ORIGINAL: Hailstone

Thanks Hailstone, much appreciated!![;)]
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

ORIGINAL: Big Ivan

ORIGINAL: Hailstone

Thanks Hailstone, much appreciated!![;)]

Ahhh, I bet you say that to all the hailstones! [:D]
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Naw, just the ones in the Phoenix, AZ camp. Thanks my friend!![;)]
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

If you see it coming, it's already too late...

Hungarian Manors

Obuda, Hungary, December 27, 1944: After the Soviet 2nd and 3rd Ukranian Fronts had encircled
Budapest on the 25th, the tempo of the fighting in Buda had increased. Both sides fed units
piecemeal into the battles developing in the hills surrounding Buda. Units of the 8th SS found
themselves engaged in a fierce, often hand to hand battle to prevent the Soviets from occupying
all of the strategic high ground North and West of Buda.

Game Length: 7 turns

For the Russians to win they must capture both buildings on the hilltops
For the Germans to win they must defend the high ground

Russians: Squads, HMG, MMG's, LMG's, FT, DC's, AFV's
Germans: Squads, HMG's, MMG's, LMG's, PSK, AT Gun, AFV's

Boards: #41

Aftermath: The Soviets stormed up hills, attempting to force the Germans from their defensive
positions, while Soviet and German tanks stalked each other in the narrow streets below. These
battles would go on for almost the entire seige. Only when the defenders ran out of ammunition
would they vacate their hilltop villas which, during the see-saw battles, had been reduced to
rubble heaps.

Source: Coastal Fortress OPT1.1 Hungarian Manors designed by Chris Olden

***This file has been uploaded again for those receiving "Page not found".
Attachments
Hungarian Manors.zip
(22.87 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

For those who have served on this Veteran's Day...

Aachen Redoubt

Aachen, Germany, October 14, 1944: "In the early stages of the American attack upon the
first German city to be reached by the Allied forces, two battalions of the 26th Infantry
Division were tasked to force their way into the city from the southeast. Two companies of
the 2nd Battalion, clearing the city block by block, met the strongpoint at St. Elizabeth's
Church, guarding the edge of Farwick Park and the Palace Hotel beyond that contained the
German headquarters. Augmented by the battalion's light and heavy machine-guns firing up the
streets, shelling usually drove the Germans into the cellars where the infantry stormed them
from behind a barrage of hand grenades. Whenever the enemy proved particularly tenacious, the
riflemen used other weapons at their disposal, including demolitions and flamethrowers. After
a few bitter experiences in which the Germans bypassed in cellars and storm sewers emerged in
the rear of the attackers, the riflemen soon learned that speed was less important than pertinacity."
(Excerpt from the book: 'The Seigfried Line Campaign' by Charles B. McDonald)

Game Length: 8 turns

For the Americans to win they must capture two buildings from the German defenders
For the Germans to win they must defend the building strongpoints

Americans: Squads, MMG's, FT's, DC's, BAZ's, ART Gun
Germans: Squads, HMG, MMG, LMG's

Boards: #1

Aftermath: Early on October 14th, when two companies combined to overrun the strongpoint at
St. Elizabeth's Church, the momentum of the attack carried one of the companies a few hundred
yards past the church and into Farwick Park, the big park surrounding the Kurhaus and Palast-Hotel
Quellenof. Yet this company's hold was tenuous at best, for the rest of the Battalion still was
occupied in the buildings on the approaches to the park.

Source: Scenario AY04-T (B060727), Aachen Redoubt

*** Okay, I uploaded again for those who keep getting "Page not found".***
Attachments
Aachen Redoubt.zip
(21.98 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

No matter how much I try, I still try...

Sherman Marches West

Krupki, Byelorussia, June 28, 1944: Operation Bagration, launched by the Soviets on June 23rd,
was turning out to be highly successful, German reports noted that the Russians no longer
attacked as in the early days with masses of infantry across a broad front but instead employed
concentrated groups of infantry supported by well-controlled fire from heavy weapons with follow
up forces available, once favorable forward positions were established. In addition, the German
high command did not believe that this was the major portion of the Russian summer offensive and
refused to send strategic reserves immediately. Finally, however, the situation on the ground
proved threatening enough that the 5th Panzer Division with Tiger tanks of the attached 505th
Heavy Tank Battalion was sent to resist.

Game Length: 7.5 turns

For the Russians to win they must capture the buildings of the train station
For the Germans to win they must defend the station against the Russian onslaught

Russians: Squads, LMG's, AFV's
Germans: Squads, HMG, MMG, LMG's, PSK's, FT, AT Gun, AFV's

Boards: #T, #V

Aftermath: As the Tigers arrived they advanced to contact with the 3rd Byelorussian Front near Krupki
Railroad Station. The Russians with their lend-lease Shermans had marched west in an effort to surround
the demoralized and retreating elements of Army Group Center at Borisov. A sharp engagement occurred
and while the experienced Tigers inflicted heavy casualties, they could not stop the capture of the
station. Ultimately, the 505th destroyed 128 tanks of the 3rd Byelorussian Front over the following
few weeks but lost all 29 of its own Tigers in the process. The heavy losses to the Russians caused
the relief of Marshal Pavel Rotmistrov, but not before the elimination of some 350,000 German soldiers,
almost all of Army Group Center.

Source: ASL Scenario S24, Sherman Marches West by Ken Dunn

Attachments
ShermanMarchesWest.zip
(23.84 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
UP844

Post by UP844 »

Thanks for your efforts, Hailstone! [&o]
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

[:)]
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Here's a Sunday recreation for those who dare...

Smasher Karl

Seelow, Germany, April 16, 1945: With a large bridgehead across the Oder around Kustrin, the
1st Belorussian Front was ready to drive on Berlin. Opposing them was the 56th Panzer Corps
commanded by Lieutenant General Karl Weilding a capable and highly decorated panzer leader
known to his friends as "Smasher Karl".

Game Length: 10 turns

For the Russians to win they must take VP buildings to capture the town of Seelow
For the Germans to win they must prevent the Russians from capturing the town

Russians: Squads, HMG, MMG's, LMG's, Radio, AFV's
Germans: Squads, HMG, MMG, LMG's, Radio, AA Guns, AFV's

Boards: #2, #15, #22

Aftermath: The 8th Guards Army advanced into a hornet's nest. The 54th Panzer Corp pinned down
the Soviets in the most crucial sector for 48 hours until the night of the 17h when in the face
of superior numbers, they conceded the heights.

Source: On All Fronts, Smasher Karl by J.P. Werbaneth, January 1987

Attachments
SmasherKarl.zip
(27.34 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Sunday, here we go...

Grunewald

Charlottenburg, Germany, April 26, 1945: Berlin was being crushed in a Soviet vise.
The situation looked hopeless but Hitler believed that Wenck's 12th Army could
disengage from the Americans on the Elbe and race over the Havel River to save the
stricken city. To facilitate this operation the Fuhrer ordered a thousand Hitler
Youth and the 18th Panzergrenadier Division to hold open the bridges and an east-west
corridor into the capital. Suddenly, Soviet spearheads drove through Grunewald, the
city park, striving to close the gap and completely surround Berlin.

Game Length: 8 turns

For the Russians to win they must exit enough troops to surround Berlin
For the Germans to win they must prevent the capital from being surrounded

Russians: Squads, MMG, LMG's, AFV's
Germans: Squads, HMG, MMG, LMG's, PSK's, AT Guns, ART Gun, AFV's

Boards: #5, #6, #23

Aftermath: Even though tremendously outnumbered, the defenders were able to halt the
advance of the 3rd Guards Tank Army for another day. The corridor shrank but the way
was still open for Wenck to save Berlin. The 12th Army was engaged on so many different
fronts that while units did succeed in reaching as far as Potsdam it could move no closer
to Berlin.

Source: On All Fronts, #11, Grunewald by Tim Yaylor, July 1986

Attachments
Grunewald.zip
(23.9 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Raybert1123

Post by Raybert1123 »

Thanks for doing what you do.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”