Submitted Scenarios

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

Paullus

RE: Submitted Scenarios

Post by Paullus »

Hailstone you might need to add the Beta update found here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4504508

Peter made some changes where he had to change the save game format. If you add this Beta Update you will have version 1.1.21. This version is working very well.
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Paullus, thanks for the fix! I had downloaded what I thought was the latest update from the site (V1.1.09) when I re-installed
the program but it looks like I already was using v1.1.21 when I was working on the scenarios. All good now. [;)]
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Thanks, Ray and John for the feedback. Apparently, I was using v1.1.21 originally
when making the scenarios but slipped backward during the re-install. Hey, this is
a good time to update to v1.1.21. Paulus provided a link in his response to my post.
I have been using it for quite a while with no problems. SeeYa!
seagles

Post by seagles »

Hailstone -- thanks so much for your efforts in scenario creation. It's guys like you and Rico who keep the game humming.

Does anyone have word on how Peter is doing? All the best to him for a speedy recovery.

Cheers all,
Scott
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

ORIGINAL: Hailstone

Thanks, Ray and John for the feedback. Apparently, I was using v1.1.21 originally
when making the scenarios but slipped backward during the re-install. Hey, this is
a good time to update to v1.1.21. Paulus provided a link in his response to my post.
I have been using it for quite a while with no problems. SeeYa!

Sam good to hear!! My rig crashed in late June. Haven't had the time to go through all the hundreds of posts yet to bring it up to 1.1.21 which I had in the beginning and figure out what was real. Nothing is sorted out as usual without me spending 4 hours trying to find it. Today after months I found out my 1.1.21 doesn't work anymore. It works on the editor but nothing else.
So I scrambled to reinstall with a busted keyboard; tried your scenario with 1.1.09 and the rest is history. I'm glad your scenario works brother!!
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Thanks seagles, good to hear the stuff I post is enjoyed. So, here we go again...

One Story Town

Petrozavodsk, East Karella, S.S.R., September 30, 1941: At the end of August, the Finns had
liberated the last of the territory taken by the Russians at the conclusion of the Winter
War. In his order of the day for September 3rd, Field Marshal Mannerheim told his armies;
"The Frontier has been reached. The fight goes on." The Finnish offensive in Ladogakarelia
began on the night of September 4th. By the middle of September, the Army of Karelia had
possession of the entire length of the Svir River (north-east of Leningrad) and was developing
a concentric attack on Petrozavodsk, the capital of Eastern Karelia.

Game Length: 8 turns

For the Finns to win they must capture at least 4 of the 5 large buildings in Petrozavodsk
For the Russians to win they must defend the city

Finnish: Squads, LMG's, ATR's, DC's
Russians: Squads, HMG, MMG, LMG's, AFV's

Boards: #22, #49

Aftermath: The Finnish 1st Jaeger Brigade, approached Petrozavodsk from the south along the
Murmansk railroad, while the Finnish 1st Division pressed in from the northwest. Units of the
Russian Petrozavodsk Operational Group resisted fiercely. The foolhardiness of the Red Army
attacks during the Winter War had left the Finns unprepared for the stubbornness of the Soviet
defense. Although local commanders in the Finnish army were showing a reluctance to accept
heavy casualties, allowing large Soviet forces to escape encirclement, Petrozavodsk fell on
October 1st after two weeks of heavy fighting.

Source: Coastal Fortress F03, One Story Town by Chris Olden

Attachments
OneStoryTown.zip
(24.38 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
UP844

Post by UP844 »

Hi Hailstone, thanks for the latest scenarios: unfortunately I have no time at all for ToTH now, but I will play them (and bore you folks to death with one more AAR [:D]) as soon as possible.
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

UP844, I've missed your input. My scenarios, I hope, have improved from the comments you have made. I too am
dealing with some heavy stuff that will put me out of commission for a while but that's down the road.

John, it's all good regarding the cancer. Thanks

[;)][;)]
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

ORIGINAL: Hailstone

UP844, I've missed your input. My scenarios, I hope, have improved from the comments you have made. I too am
dealing with some heavy stuff that will put me out of commission for a while but that's down the road.

John, it's all good regarding the cancer. Thanks

[;)][;)]

rico21

Post by rico21 »

Crossing The Dvina

July 1941, Dvina River, 20 km north-east of Vitebsk.
Come first light, you are to lead an attack on the Dvina River crossing, situated in the hamlet of Puba. You must take the
bridge and clear the south bank of enemy forces, giving the advancing Panzers to stream the Soviet's rear area. Taking Vitebsk
will then be an easy matter. Your recon section is spread widely over the area. Begin your attack with what you have on hand.
The remainder of your company is speeding up to the river. They should arrive within minutes.

Attacker: German
Defender: Russian

Best played on German SIDE first / with LOS: 26 Hexes / with RULE: Last Blood / with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer : Combat Mission'Men [ CMBB ]
Attachments
RicoCro..heDvina.zip
(22.72 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

OMG Rico!

Wait a minute, I fell off the chair, hit my head against a table, I'm groggy but I realize your back![&o][&o][&o]

Damn its very very good to see you my friend on this forum again!!

Salute Rico!
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Here's for all you cat lovers out there...

A Tiger?

Near Cheveux-sur-Chien, France, August 21, 1944: Sgt. Rock of Easy Company speakin' - H.Q. wanted
Easy to scout ahead for a Kraut rear guard. Charlie Company had been ambushed by some SS, supported
by Tiger tanks, in Petite-Cheveux the day before. The C.O. of Charlie Company told me there was a
roadblock at one of the bridges, an' possibly a Tiger that Charlie Company had damaged with a bazooka.
So, I handpicked a squad from Easy and crept into Petite-Cheveux on a Tiger hunt...

Game Length: 6 Turns

For the Americans to win they must destroy the Tiger tank and secure the bridgehead.
For the Germans to win they must prevent the Americans from "capturing" the Tiger and the roadblock.

Americans: Half-Squads, BAZ's, DC's, FT
Germans: Half-Squads, MMG, LMG's, PSK's, AFV

Board: #41

Aftermath: As we snuck into town, an SS vulture in the church steeple opened up with a machinegun. We
played a lethal game of hide-an-seek with the Krauts. I swam across the creek and came upon the Tiger's
right side. Sure enough, it'd been crippled by a bazooka shot. While the Tiger was busy swatting at my
boys, me, Jackie, an 'Wildman' moved around and jumped the big cat. We left a couple of "care packages"
on the rear deck of the Tiger. The DC's went off and blew that Tiger to Kingdom Come. After we took out
the tank, the Kraut defense folded. The way to Cheveux-sur-Chien was open.

Source: Coastal Fortress, scenario OPT 5.1 A Tiger by Chris Olden

Attachments
ATiger.zip
(21.95 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Hey, I'm still here but I haven't had time to do my stuff. I had one parent
die from cancer and the other going to a home for Alzheimer patients. I've
been prepared for this for a long time; I'm good to go.

Now here's a "parody" of a battle that would be familiar to most...

Solid Gold Real Estate

Romel, Normandy, France, June 12, 1944: Sent on a mission to recover a paratrooper who has lost
all of his brothers, Captain Miller's Rangers, backed by a few hard-luck airborne, hold a bridge
in the village of Romel. The bridge over the Merderet River is of great strategic importance
to both the Allies and Rommel's Panzer Armies, poised to strike at the flank of the Normandy invasion
force. The ad hoc force of American troops spent the better part of an afternoon setting bobby traps,
picking fire lanes, listening to Edith Piaf records, and planning for the all-out defense of the bridge.
As the sound of German Panzers grew louder than Edith's lament, the stranded Yanks steeled themselves
for a tooth and nail fight for this "solid gold real estate".

Game Length: 6.5 turns

For the American elements of the "101st Screen Actors Guild" to win, they must defend the bridge
For the German elements of the "2nd SS Reenactors" to win, they must capture the bridgehead

Americans: Squads, MMG's, BAZ
Germans: Squads, PSK, AFV's

Boards: #23, #45

Aftermath: The Americans' defense plan tore the first probing elements of the SS force into shreds. A
Marder was set alight and a Tiger was immobilized in the rubble-strewn streets. As the Germans regrouped
and brought forward reinforcements, the Americans soon found themselves overmatched. As they fell back
towards the bridge, they began to fall one by one, with Captain Miller himself falling while trying to
blow the bridge. Then, just before the last American position was about to be overrun, two P51 tankbusters
swooped in and saved the day. Roll credits.

Source: Scenario SF 1.1, Solid Gold Real Estate by Scott Faulk

Attachments
SolidGold..lEstate.zip
(23.58 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

For you poor souls waiting to freeze your butts off this winter...

Ice Cold

Tuupura Island, Finland, February 28, 1940: The general Soviet attack that had begun at the
beginning of February was finally bearing fruit. The Mannerheim Line had finally begun to crack.
The result of this was a broad advance by the Russians. The Finns were counting on an early thaw
in the Gulf of Viipuri, thereby protecting the vital city from the west. However, the Finns were
betrayed by General Winter who stayed too long and kept the Gulf frozen. The Russians rushed to
cross the Gulf while the weather lasted. One of the islands on their way was tiny Tuupura Island
that was guarded by 6-inch coastal battery guns. Out of the mist a Russian division was hurled
at the island defenders.

Game Length: 7.5 turns

For the Russians to win they must capture the high ground across the Gulf
For the Finns to win they must stop the Russian onslaught

Russians: Squads, HMG, MMG's, LMG's, DC's, AFV's
Finnish: Squads, MMG, LMG's, ATR's, OBA

Boards: #7, #18

Aftermath: The Russian division was in for a rude awakening as the coastal batteries unleashed a
torrent of lead upon them. Huge holes were open in the ice that swallowed both men and machines.
But the Russian tidal wave was too big to stop and the 250 Finnish defenders were overwhelmed. The
Russians left 1000 dead and 15 burnt-out tanks in their wake.

Source: Coastal Fortress, Scenario PK 12.1, Ice Cold by Paul Kenny

Attachments
IceCold.zip
(23.16 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Hey Sam thanks much for the recent scenarios. I really appreciate it!![;)]

John
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Heads up, John! Here comes another one...

Red Flag

Berlin, Germany, April 30, 1945: After the fall of the Kroll Operation, across the road from
the Department of Domestic Affairs, the Russians could finally concentrate on the Reichstag
attack. The building, whose windows were all walled up since the 1933 fire, impressively
overlooked the diplomatic block site. During the entire day of the 30th, the Russians launched
attacks that successively failed. Moreover, the anti-aircraft guns of the Tiergarten Flak tower,
only 3000 meters away, considerably hampered the troop progression. But the day was not fully
wasted since infantry and artillery reinforcements were brought up to support the final assault.
At 1800 hours, the last act of the Reichstag battle begun.

Game Length: 8.5 turns

For the Russians to win they must capture the Reichstag building
For the Germans to win they must prevent the Reichstag from falling into the Soviet hands

Russians: Squads, HMG, MMG's, FT's, DC's, AFV's, ART's, OBA
Germans: Squads, HMG, MMG's, LMG's, DC's, ART, AA Gun, AT Gun

Boards: #6, #23

Aftermath: The artillery support from the batteries located north of the Spree and from the
tanks and assault guns allowed the Russian assaulting infantry to quickly progress, the defenders
were however not disposed to surrender and several close combats developed inside the building.
The 150th Division followed to clean the building. Although the issue was no longer in doubt, it
was not until the 2nd of May that the last defenders, hiding in the huge building, finally
surrendered.

Source: Tactiques Magazine, translated by Coastal Fortress, TAC74 Red Flag

Attachments
RedFlag.zip
(24.77 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

This title kinda reminds me of current events on both sides of the ocean...

House of Cards

Grunewalde, Germany, April 14, 1945: As the American Army closed in on the Elbe River
in the spring of 1945, the race to be the first division into Berlin was intense. At
Barby, the 83rd Infantry Division had arrived to find the bridge blown but no opposition.
Meanwhile, 15 miles northwest at the town of Westerhusen, the 2nd Armored Division had
also established a bridgehead. On the night of April 13th, 3 infantry battalions had
quietly crossed the river on DUKW's and formed a perimeter around the bridging site.
Bridging equipment was immediately brought up. But constant German shelling had so damaged
and disrupted the site that no armor or artillery could be taken across until a bridge was
built. Brigadier General Sidney R. Hinds, commander of Combat Command B, fretted that
without heavy support, the bridgehead could easily be erased by a German armored counter-
attack. Around dawn on Saturday the 14th, German artillery obliterated what was left of
the bridge site. Simultaneously, German tanks appeared all around the American perimeter.

Game length: 7 turns

For the Americans to win they must hold the town
For the Germans to win they must take the town

Americans: Squads, HMG, MMG's, BAZ's, OBA
Germans: Squads, MMG, LMG's, PSK, AFV's

Boards: #10, #16

Aftermath: The forces which attacked the American bridgehead were not really units at all.
General Walther Wenck, commander of the German 12th Army, formed a group of young but
eager training cadets and the last of his armor into mobile assault teams and counterattacked.
The combination of the eagerness for glory of his young troops and armor support proved
too much for the isolated American battalions. Gradually, the Germans cracked the perimeter
and those GI's not killed or wounded began to fall back or were captured. Artillery support
from the west bank and sporadic airstrikes proved too little and too late. At noon, General
Hinds grudgingly ordered the survivors of the bridgehead withdrawn. Meanwhile, 15 miles to the
southeast, the 83rd Infantry Division had completed its bridge and forces were pouring across.
But it would not matter. The next day, Eisenhower ordered all movement towards the German
capital to cease. By a political decision, Berlin would be left to the Russians.

Source: Scenario OTT 2 (version 1.11) House of Cards by Dan Preston

Attachments
HouseofCards.zip
(23.84 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Here's a fairy tale from long ago...

The Pied Pipers

Hamelin, Germany, April 5, 1945: The breakout from the Rhine River had happened
with blinding speed. All across the plains of Germany, town after town fell
with such rapidity that no real defense could be mounted by the disorganized and
bewildered German defenders. Most of the captured towns were simply points on a
map to the onrushing soldiers of the American Army. The soldiers of the 2nd Armored
Division found it amazing that one small German town had a familiar name, Hamelin,
of the Pied Piper storybook fame, really existed. The soldiers of the 2nd Armored
had no time for sightseeing, however. The town was rapidly bypassed by the racing
armored columns. But not all the Germans were ready to lay down their arms. Units
of the U.S. 30th Infantry Division, moving in tandem with the 2nd Armored, were
fired on from Hamelin hours later. Diehard SS troops were holed up in the town,
determined to fight on. The infantrymen of the 117th Regiment were detailed to
dig them out.

Game Length: 7 turns

For the Germans to win they must hold the town
For the Americans to win they must chase the rats out

Germans: Squads, MMG's, LMG's, DC's
American: Squads, HMG, MMG's, BAZ's, DC's, OBA

Boards: #4, #17, #46

Aftermath: The SS troops were holed up in scattered strongholds around the storybook
village, and fought back with suicidal determination. But surrounded and cut off, the
end result was never in question. Resistance only ended when American artillery
pulverized the town and the diehards were finally rounded up. Colonel Walter M. Johnson,
commander of the 117th, was quoted as saying afterward, "This time, we got the rats
out with a slightly different kind of flute".

Source: Scenario OTT 3 (version 2.4), The Pied Pipers by Dan Preston

Attachments
ThePiedPipers.zip
(25.9 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Now here's a dangerous game to play...

Hit and Run

South of Baranov, Poland, August 6, 1944: The 24th Panzer Division had been one of the
ill-fated units trapped and destroyed in the Stalingrad debacle in 1943. But many of the
commanders and veteran cadres had been flown out of the stricken city to rebuild the unit.
In the summer of 1944, the rebuilt division was again witnessed to a looming military disaster.
The annihilation of Army Group Center had left a gaping hole in the middle of the German
line. As the German High Command scrambled to find units to fill the hole, Koniev's 1st
Ukranian Front surged into eastern Poland unopposed. While the German 17th Army hastily
detrained in Cracow, the 24th Panzer Division moved into position to face the oncoming
Russian giant alone.

Game length: 7 turns

For the Russians to win they must take the battlefield from the Germans
For the Germans to win they must hold their ground

Russians: Squads, HMG, MMG, LMG's, ATR's AFV's
Germans: Squads, HMG, MMG, LMG's PSK's, AFV's, OBA

Boards: #16, #19

Aftermath: 24th Panzer used its advantages in flexibility and communications to the fullest
in the uneven fight. The Russian juggernaut was massively powerful but rigid and slow to
react. In a brilliant series of actions, small groups of German tanks and infantry repeatedly
stung the lead units and flanks of the Russian formation, then darted away before the Russians
could counter. In this way, the Russian advance was delayed again and again. By the 9th of August,
the German 17th Army had deployed to fill the gap between the Carpathian Mountains and the River
Vistula, and the worst of the crisis has passed.

Source: Scenario OTT 7 ( version 2.5) Hit and Run by Dan Preston
Attachments
HitandRun.zip
(23.66 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Talk about road rage...

Bicske Brawl

West of Bicske, Hungary, January 4, 1945: Operation Konrad, the codename for the attempted
relief of Budapest, kicked off on New year's Day. Initial surprise allowed the 4th SS Panzer
Korps to make good progress against increasingly stiff resistance. On January 4th, the SS
"Wiking" Division assaulted a strong line of anti-tank and machine-gun positions manned by the
41st Guards Rifle Division near Bicske.

Game Length: 6 turns

For the Germans to win they must capture the road to Budapest
For the Russians to win they must prevent the Germans from reaching Budapest

Germans: Squads, MMG, LMG's, AFV's
Russians: Squads, HMG, LMG's, DC's, AT Guns, ART Gun

Boards: #36

Aftermath: After initial success, the SS grenadiers found themselves pinned down by intense
anti-tank and small arms fire. During the day's fighting, which was characterized by bitter
close combat, "Wiking" was only able to push 5 km into the Soviet positions west of Bicske.
Over the next few days, the division would be pulled out of the line and transferred further
south for another stab at Budapest. Bicske would remain in Soviet hands throughout the battle.

Source: Coastal Fortress BK 2.1, Bicske Brawl by Bruce Kirkaldy
Attachments
BicskeBrawl.zip
(22.11 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”