Partisan Activity Screen

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
Etzel

Partisan Activity Screen

Post by Etzel »

The potential partisan activity is shown via the <p> key. It indicates, that activity occures in cities/resources (whereas partisan units may also popup in non city/resource hexes). In Russia there are several partisan activity hexes just beside a city/resource hex. Am I right that this is a bug? The attached screenshot shows 2 of these areas, one next to Sevastopol, the other next to Maikop, but there are more.

Regards,
Etzel

Attachments
PartisanBug.jpg
PartisanBug.jpg (289.38 KiB) Viewed 119 times
Taxman66

RE: Partisan Activity Screen

Post by Taxman66 »

Yeah I was never sure about those.
Since the have the red circle/slash that means that they just hit resources and not generate actual partisans (as those without the circle/slash).
Not sure if they actually do anything though given they are not on the city and resource hex.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
Etzel

Post by Etzel »

Exactly, so some enlightenment from the developers - who do an excellent job, you can't overstress that - would be great!
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

There's no bug, that is the location that needs to be guarded (with an Axis unit on or adjacent to it).

If it isn't guarded then there is a % chance of partisan activity, and each script has a disruption range attached to it, so they might damage one or more resources within their vicinity.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
Etzel

Post by Etzel »

So the fact, that the partisan activity hex is not Sevastopol but the hex in the northeast allows a single unit to guard both Sevstopol and Simferopol against partisan activity?
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

No, just being in the hex or adjacent to a Partisan hex is sufficient. Therefore having a defender in Sevastopol is all that is needed to negate that one Partisan hex.
Etzel

Post by Etzel »

Pardon me, but that was not the point of my question. Of cause a unit in Sevastopol would negate the partisan effect for Sevastopol itself. But not for Simferopol, which is two hexes away. There I would need a second unit, right? But the partisan activity hex is NOT Sevastopol, but the hex in the northeast of the city (and I was wondering why). So the hex south of Simferopol is adjecant to both. So since a unit negates the partisan effect for adjecant hexes, to put a unit there would be sufficent for Simferopol AND Sevastopol. Is that correct?
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

In this case (and if we are only considering negating Partisan effects), you would have two general choices:

1) Place a unit next to or on top of each indicated Partisan hex

OR

2) Place one unit in the hex right in between Sevastopol and Simferopol

Return to “Tech Support”