Fall Weiss II - WIE 14.0 - (Ready for Download)

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
dhucul2011

RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0

Post by dhucul2011 »

Germany in 1945 had advanced aircraft 4, heavy tanks 4 and ground support 3 even though there was always a chit in those categories. This could be sped up somewhat.

Axis had the Middle East, North Africa, Leningrad, Stalingrad and Moscow and Turkey still joined the Allies. Some tinkering needed here. Maybe move them away more for those places?

The Allies failed at D-Days in 1943 and 1944 and then invaded Iberia in 1945. Very unexpected but nice!

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Here is where I am currently for 3.0 based on some feedback and also re-thinking a few items. I already posted about some of these changes, new additions are in bold. I think I have this where I want it to be, anyone up for a game?

With a target game end date somewhere in 1945 I've increased research speed. With USSR beginning with Infantry Weapons I and Advance Tanks I, I've added a new MPP penalty through 1939 which should make it difficult to research both of these quickly, especially as I've decided to removed Spying and Intelligence (which would probably just be sold) and I have just given the Soviets Anti-Tank I instead of the chit (USSR is actually ahead in something now!). I've also made Anti-Tank units double strike for all sides, so if re-searched this could actually strike fear into spearheading Tank units, I think I am going to really enjoy this change. The Anti-Tank still do not demoralize or reduce entrenchment, they are for killing tanks.

1. New German National Morale Bonus upon entering war with USSR
2. New USSR Morale Penalty upon entering war with Germany
3. New USSR Morale Bonus for holding Moscow at end of 41' and 42'
4. New USSR Morale Bonus for holding Stalingrad at end of 41' and 42'
5. New German Morale Penalty for not capturing Moscow at the end of 41'
6. New USSR Morale Penalty for the loss of Odessa
7. New USSR Morale Penalty for the loss of Minsk
8. New USSR Morale Penalty for the loss of Sevastopol
9. New USSR Morale Penalty for the loss of Kharkov
10. Amended German Morale Penalty for not capturing Stalingrad at end of 42', and increased the penalty and spread it over multiple turns
11. Amended Italian Morale Penalty for not capturing Stalingrad at end of 42', to slightly early date and amended popup text
12. Amended USSR National Morale Bonus for News of Allied Landings In France to no longer require USSR to hold any specific objective, and decreased the bonus by about 20%
12. Amended USSR National Morale Bonus for News of Allied Landings In France to no longer require USSR to hold any specific objective
12. Amended USSR National Morale Bonus for News of Liberation of France to no longer require USSR to hold any specific objective, and decreased the bonus by about 20%
12. Amended USSR National Morale Bonus for USSR surviving into 1943 to no longer require USSR to hold any specific objective, and increased the bonus and spread it over multiple turns
13. Amended UK (AI) bonus units in Egypt
14. Added an Italian Infantry Division at Benghazi
15. USSR will begin with an Armoured Warfare Chit
16. USSR will begin with a spying & intelligence chit (Cancelled)
17. Amended Soviet AI research scripts
18. Implemented a 5-5-5-5-4 research system (was 5-4-4-3-3) Amended
19. Reduced USSR starting MPP to 0
20. Dutch and Belgium forces to begin with 2 entrenchment
21. Finland will receive 50 MPP the turn before the join the war
22. New USSR decision event for Strategic Reserves
23. New USSR decision event to strengthen Strategic Reserves
24. Reduced UK Diplomatic chits back to 5 (was changed in 2.0)
25. Reduced German Diplomatic chits back to 5 (was changed in 2.0)
26. Reduced maximum German Diplomacy in Spain back to 3 (was changed in 2.0)
27. USSR begins with Anti-Tank I
28. Anti-Tank units are now double strike
29. If Spain switches sides some Pro-Axis elements of the Spanish Army will re-organize in Germany
30. German Rail Gun limit increased back to 1, however is only production available Feb 1, 1942 (after Gustav is deployed)
31. If heavily Allied leaning (70%), Turkey will display some resistance to Allied diplomacy if Stalingrad is captured and Egypt is surrendered, until Egypt is liberated
32. USSR recovery from the great purge (represented by MPP penalty) will extend through all of 1939, with a sliding penalty of 30 MPP reducing to 0 MPP gradually over 6 turns.

33. All German Infantry Forces (except garrisons) along the Polish border now begin with Infantry Weapons I
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Here is the link for version 3.2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsez335ejdkf0 ... 2.zip?dl=0

Enjoy!
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Just want to say thanks for all the hard work... installed and posted my first challenge with your mod as well as giving it a go against Skynet...
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

FYI, the Axis warning not to invest in Turkish Diplomacy shows up while playing the Allies. Is that intended?
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

it was not intended, was suppose to be a private advice. I’ll fix it for sure next version.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

I'm not sure why it shows up? I just checked it's set to private
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Not sure if it matters or not, but the immediate previous game ran on the program was FW v20 as Axis (though I had gotten into mid 1940 and the pop up gad already displayed). I deleted the save files after removing v20 and installing v32.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
gdpsnake1979

Post by gdpsnake1979 »

Do you have to create an account on dropbox to download? I can't find any option to select or download the file.
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

I don't think you need an account, when you open the link don't click the file, there is rather a download button in the top right of the website.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Crispy, is/has FW impacted by the (inadvertent) increase in the number of days per spring/fall/winter turns, and thus the fewer turns per year bug that was introduced into v1.16?
dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

Hi Crispy, thanks for all of your hard work.

Some comments on the new build:

1. The Russians are too powerful too early now. They easily have IW 2, AA 1 and Mobility 1 by end of 1941. I'm stalled at Smolensk, Dnep and Tallin. There also seems to be ALOT more units for them. Are the strategic reserves/Siberian transfers too much? I'd remove the chit in IW at start.
2. I also think that while the additional NM scripts are great, the initial drop should be more severe. It should be(and was) more of a shock than it is. It would make 1941 Axis gains more historical. I'd suggest an initial drop of 25%. The later increases in late 1942 could then be upped.
3. A comment maybe for more of the vanilla game but I've always thought that the Russian mobilization increases for German garrisons in Poland should be reduced. It provides too many MPPs for the Russians before Barbarossa and is really ahistorical as Stalin really had no idea that the Germans were massing in Poland. (Or chose to ignore the indications) I would actually argue for maybe no more than 1-2% per turn when having more than 18 units near Warsaw.
4. Still too many free UK units in Egypt. Two full tank corps in 1941? I have taken Malta and Crete and committed the DAK and entire Italian force pool to Egypt and still cannot push to El Alamein.

Thanks and I'll keep commenting on what I see.
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Hi David,

When playing against the AI, I have purposely made it difficult. Myself, I have never lost a match to the AI and I have achieved historical or near historical results on Barbarossa in each game I have played, and usually manage to capture each of Moscow, Stalingrad and Leningrad by end of 42' or spring of 43'. Considering it's my mod I'm sure I am advantaged in that aspect, however I consider it a success if the AI actually can win, and then have to play the game again and re-visit strategy on how to win the next time. I have not played a full version of 3.2 yet, but if I lose I would be very excited as it has not been since the days of Strategic Command II that I had felt the AI truly offered myself that challenging feeling.

On the specifics mentioned above, if you have captured Smolensk you may have triggered 1/2 of the strategic reserves, the other will require you be closer to Rostov, and only a few of these units are actually combat-able. The AI gets other units but mostly not until the end of 41', you really need to push as far as possible in the time span leading up to that. I have my own strategy but I would think it's fun finding out how you could do it too.

I don't intend to make any changes to USSR mobilization from Warsaw, a theme of the game is USSR matters, in Vanilla it is plausible to delay war with USSR, in the mod not so much, 41' is your window of opportunity, especially against the AI.

The AI only receives a total of 4 additional units in Egypt throughout the entirety of the campaign, a HQ, Tank, Strategic Bomber and an Infantry Corps,and they are staggered. Any other bonus units are not a bonus at all, and rather the UK is reinforcing this region through transport. In version 3.2 you have a double strike anti-tank unit, a likely better tech Tank Corps and Tactical Bomber in the DAK, you should be able to push the British back, if they have driven you out of Tobruk and Benghazi prior to the DAK arrival.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Hi David,

Just for a bit of insight;

1. When did you launch Barbarossa?
2. Were you able to march at all into Egypt as Italy?
3. How much if any ground did you lost prior to DAK arrival in Egypt?

Thanks!
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

I play on veteran so maybe I'll try standard.

Barbarossa was July 1941.

Italy took Sidi Barrani in 1940 and then retreated.

I had retreated to Tobruk.
gdpsnake1979

Post by gdpsnake1979 »

Crispy,

I clicked on just the download button which seems to highlight when I cursor over it but nothing happens. Are you sure you don't have to sign up to get a download?
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Well to be fair those are historical results of the Italian advance they were halted between Sidi Barrani and Mersa Matruh, and never approached El Alamein until the DAK arrived. In my most recent match the Allied AI took both Tobruk and Benghazi until the DAK drove them back into Egypt, so you did better then I.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: gdpsnake1979

Crispy,

I clicked on just the download button which seems to highlight when I cursor over it but nothing happens. Are you sure you don't have to sign up to get a download?

I just googled it I think you do need to sign up. Sorry! But it’s free I think.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

I got it without signing up. Using Win7 & Firefox.
Click on the Download button in upper right gives dropdown box with 2 choices and I choose Direct Download.

Attempting to do it with IE (again Win7) doesn't work however (I get a flash of the dropdown box but it doesn't establish itself to pick.
gdpsnake1979

Post by gdpsnake1979 »

So here's the deal: Based on Taxman66's response (thank you), I have found that using Internet Explorer will not work with dropbox and will not provide a drop down menu selection when you click on download. So I used Edge (which Microsoft is basically forcing everyone to go to because they no longer support Internet Explorer) and you do get the drop down menu and can direct download the update.

Now is the update is any good?..LOL! I'm sure it will be because this Mod always has been the best!

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”