Plane_sides backgrounds file?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Dili

Plane_sides backgrounds file?

Post by Dili »

I am looking if some modder can share the whole Plane_sides file without aircraft, just the backgrounds.

Thanks
Korvar

RE: Plane_sides backgrounds file?

Post by Korvar »

I'm not sure that asset would exist. I think most modders would just take the existing side art panel and change individual aircraft as they are needed.
Dili

Post by Dili »

Okay, they need to paint the background at least once to erase the existing aircraft.
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

If you're looking for a single blank tile, I created this one which you can use:

.bmp attached as a .zip file
Attachments
plane_side_blank.zip
(15.24 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Dili

Post by Dili »

Thanks, i had already one, but did not wanted to make the whole thing because i was told a pixel wrong and the game might crash.

Edited.
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

Use the existing plane sides artwork and replace individual aircraft as you go using an editor capable of layering. You'll at least know the base artwork is good. Then test after adding each new aircraft so you'll know which one is the offending tile if there is a problem. To my recollection, I've never experienced a crash due to modifying art; perhaps that's due to attention to detail, I'm not sure. Even when I've got a ship shil wrong from time to time, it simply produces graphic artifacting in the game, not a crash.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”