version 1.16 Fall Weiss saved games fail

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
cobalt

version 1.16 Fall Weiss saved games fail

Post by cobalt »

Hello,
Ever since the 1.16 update and including 1.16.02, when I attempt to reload a saved game of Fall Weiss 20 I get a series of 8 error notices the first of which is FAILED (input_text): could not find 'Text\EN\description.txt' file. In the other seven, the word "description" is replaced with "victory_conditions, terrain, river, resource, map, unit, and weather". Then, the German aircraft and tank units show up with Italian icons. As long as I just play and never attempt to reload, it plays fine. Also, the original scenarios are fine. I have attempted to reload everything from scratch at least 6 times always with the same result. Prior to the upgrade everything worked fine. I have Windows 7 and always install the game to the exact path suggested. Any ideas?

Mike
crispy131313

RE: version 1.16 Fall Weiss saved games fail

Post by crispy131313 »

Hi I would suggest downloading a newer version, in fact I’ll be uploading a version on the weekend that is much improved.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

Hubert Cater

RE: version 1.16 Fall Weiss saved games fail

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Cobalt,

There was an engine change with v1.16 that would render all pre v1.16 customized mods/campaigns incompatible unless they have been updated... crispy is then of course correct that grabbing his latest compatible version will correct the issue on your end.

Hubert

Return to “Tech Support”