Air units

Your panzer is not running well? Stop here and tell us what's happening!
cgoddard

Air units

Post by cgoddard »

I have read manual through and whilst effects of air unit missions are covered I cannot see how you actually tell them what to do. I know it must be there somewhere but spent a while reading the blasted manual but cannot find it. Can anyone help please?
bcgames

RE: Air units

Post by bcgames »

Thank-you for your question--I can't find it in the manual either.

Here's what to do. Air Assets are assigned in the following manner:

Ground Support.

- To support an attack by friendly ground units, select a friendly air asset you wish to employ by left clicking on the air asset's status box, then left click on the enemy occupied hex you are planning to attack with your ground units. The selected air asset must have a ground support value greater than 0 to fly offensive ground support. A yellow target icon will appear on the map at that location.

- To support a ground defense, select the friendly air asset you wish to employ by left clicking on the air asset's status box; then left click on the friendly ground unit counter(s) you wish to provide defensive air support to if attacked by enemy ground units. The selected air asset must have a ground support value greater than 0 to fly defensive support. A yellow shield icon will appear on the map at that location.

Ground Attack. Select the friendly air asset by left clicking on the air asset's status box; then left click on an enemy occupied hex you are planning to attack with air assets alone. A yellow target icon will appear on the map at that location.

Counter-air. To assign the counter-air mission to a friendly air asset, select the desired friendly air asset by left clicking on the air asset's status box; then left click the mission box (see image below) of the selected air asset until the letter "C" appears.

Interdiction. To assign the interdiction mission to a friendly air asset, select the desired friendly air asset by left clicking on the air asset's status box; then left click the mission box of the selected air asset until the letter "I" appears.

Reconnaissance. Select the air reconnaissance asset by left-clicking on the air asset's status box; then click on the hex you wish to be the center of your reconnaissance search. A binocular icon will appear on the map at that location.

NOTE: In all cases listed above, air assets must have a readiness level of 50% or higher in order to fly a mission. Yellow icons will change to red when an air asset is no longer the selected air asset.

Attachments
AirMission.jpg
AirMission.jpg (34.47 KiB) Viewed 405 times
cgoddard

RE: Air units

Post by cgoddard »

Thank you!! Why could I not see that simple explanation in the manual. Probably there somewhere but could not see it on several readings.

Thanks again

Return to “Tech Support”